The "Family" page

rico

I sometimes wonder if other people have family members as weird as mine.

I took my dog for a walk this morning, and got caught in a downpour. Tried to wait it out under a tree, and my mom and dad just happened to be driving by. I'm about 20 feet off the road trying to wave then down.  They just keep on going.

Called each of then 2 times, no answer.  Had to run home in the rain. Finally get ahold of my dad, and he said they didn't see me because they were distracted.

The reason? My mom was busy weaving back and forth under the trees because she thought it was fun because there was no rain under the trees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I took my dog for a walk this morning, and got caught in a downpour. Tried to wait it out under a tree, and my mom and dad just happened to be driving by. I'm about 20 feet off the road trying to wave then down.  They just keep on going.

Called each of then 2 times, no answer.  Had to run home in the rain. Finally get ahold of my dad, and he said they didn't see me because they were distracted.

The reason? My mom was busy weaving back and forth under the trees because she thought it was fun because there was no rain under the trees.

I am glad that's where the story went because my mind went somewhere else but then I thought since they are.married that stuff has long stopped😀

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm the weirdest member of my family hands down. At least that's what they tell me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

If they say it to your face, they must really think you're weird lol.

As I tell my students...sometimes normal is boring.

I'm not as OCD as I used to be, but growing up, I alphabetized my CDs,DVDs, and Books. And I had ALOT of each.  But I never dusted so I would know if someone came in my room and moved something.  

Still shower 3 times a day and anytime after I go to Walmart.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 11:29 PM, FKIM01 said:

On the "Dragon" in Tennessee...Dragon.thumb.jpg.deed7eafca599a6bf319b133dbee764e.jpg

I have been on the Dragon many times in last 18 months taking my cousin and my wife on their Appalachian Trail adventures. The dudes in their sports cars are absolutely crazy while the group motorcyclist are pretty cool. I haven't witnessed any accidents but I have passed through right after they have happened or seen the remnants of the vehicles on the side of the road. Last time I was on the Dragon there was a sports car sitting on the inside edge all smashed up and on it's side. 

Another crazy thing is the photographer's sitting underneath a canopy on the corners snapping pictures. I wonder how many people actually order their picture from them?

17 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I have been on the Dragon many times in last 18 months taking my cousin and my wife on their Appalachian Trail adventures. The dudes in their sports cars are absolutely crazy while the group motorcyclist are pretty cool. I haven't witnessed any accidents but I have passed through right after they have happened or seen the remnants of the vehicles on the side of the road. Last time I was on the Dragon there was a sports car sitting on the inside edge all smashed up and on it's side. 

Another crazy thing is the photographer's sitting underneath a canopy on the corners snapping pictures. I wonder how many people actually order their picture from them?

Yeah, we saw some absolute craziness on the dragon...a young lady on a crotch rocket literally passed my buddy on a curve with her tire under his saddlebag.  His wife said she could have reached out and touched her.  Seemed like it was better last time we were there as the TSP was patrolling.  We did see the aftermath of one that was quite possibly a fatality.  They were hauling the bike out of a deep ravine when we passed and it looked bad.  Such a shame that an enjoyable ride like that turns into tragedy because of a bad decision.

...and yeah...people actually buy the pics.  The image you quoted was paid for, but they were pretty cheap.  I think we spent like $30 for 30-40 pics including everyone in our group, so split three ways, it was a cheap way to get some pretty cool pics to prove we were there. 🙂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The swing is getting better and he getting stronger. Been using the Mike Romatowski swing training Mach 3 SIM

That's a good looking swing for the young man!  😊.  Keep it going, Ayden!  Your PGA backers are sitting here smiling as we type!  

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thank you. We need to work on strength and endurance.  He is 5 or 6 strokes better riding in the golf cart vs walking. 

Hey...I KNOW how much you're working with him in every aspect of his life.  The strength and endurance is going to come.  You're an exceptional father, that much I KNOW also.  Just keep working as a team.  You'll both get what you want, I'm sure.  God's one heck of a caddie.   😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Hey...I KNOW how much you're working with him in every aspect of his life.  The strength and endurance is going to come.  You're an exceptional father, that much I KNOW also.  Just keep working as a team.  You'll both get what you want, I'm sure.  God's one heck of a caddie.   😊

Thank you for the kind words. He makes it easy for me to be a good Dad but God has paved the way for us. We give him all the glory. I will keep you posted on his summer progress. Once again thank and may God continue to bless.you and.your family 

Pic, after I picked the lock and broke in to Neyland Stadium.

I even sat in on a class just because.

My best friend Brandon was a HUGE UT football and Phil Fulmer fan. On our way to our buddy Kyle's wedding in Gatlinburg, TN.

Brandon knew me well and asked if I could get him in. Never one to turn down a challenge....

Scoreboard pic is from the 50 yard line because why not?

20210608_222302.jpg

Edited by mrflynn03

My FIL passed out last night and couldn't remember where he was or really anything.  Spent the night in ICU. Hes been dealing with an unknown neurological disorder.  Still in ICU and neurologist(not his personal one) says brain surgery isnt necessary.  

But we're just waiting on updates. Still doesn't where he is or what's going on. At least he recognizes his wife. 

12 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

My FIL passed out last night and couldn't remember where he was or really anything.  Spent the night in ICU. Hes been dealing with an unknown neurological disorder.  Still in ICU and neurologist(not his personal one) says brain surgery isnt necessary.  

But we're just waiting on updates. Still doesn't where he is or what's going on. At least he recognizes his wife. 

Prayers Sent 

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Things aren't looking good. Has possibly had a stroke and they are monitoring overnight for seizures.  Prognosis is not good. 

• Sad 5