The "Family" page

rico

Hes back home after spending last Saturday until Wednesday in the hospital. Turns out he was having mini seizures in the part of the brain that controls memory and behavior.  Has some memory loss, and not sure if that will recover. 

Wife and I went up Wednesday and Thursday.  Little things like repeating himself and mixing up the wife and their dogs name. 

But at least not as bad as what it seemed at first. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Hes back home after spending last Saturday until Wednesday in the hospital. Turns out he was having mini seizures in the part of the brain that controls memory and behavior.  Has some memory loss, and not sure if that will recover. 

Wife and I went up Wednesday and Thursday.  Little things like repeating himself and mixing up the wife and their dogs name. 

Thank God man that it wasn't a stroke.  Hopefully a proper diagnosis and meds can work this out and get him back to a better normal.  

• Like 2

On 6/18/2021 at 3:39 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Overall positive news. Still praying for full revovery

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Proud dad moment tonight. With the score tied, the bases loaded, and two outs in the bottom of an extra inning game, Little Keet got the game winning hit. 

I bet dad was on the edge of his seat!  hahahaha that's awesome

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Beautiful morning with my favorite donuts in the whole world (Donut Hole in Destin)with my favorite people...

IMG_20210729_081547.thumb.jpg.80d5316b52c789ba6fbb99c0ea694dfb.jpgPXL_20210729_130953060_MP.thumb.jpg.12be9269b92ba2b34ad56820c68e74aa.jpgPXL_20210729_131002925_MP.thumb.jpg.82d66253c31e0ea48afb0e1f9724e89e.jpg

I am jealous that's for sure.

I have not had anything from the Donut Hole in a couple years but it is top notch.  this May it was just a.littke too far from Navarre. When we stay in Central Florida The Donut Man is the best

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Love the place, but the lines can sometimes be too much

It hasn't been as bad as I thought (Destin overall) but it's a lot more crowded than it was in 1988 when I first came here...

My daughters were at the Donut Hole at 6 sharp and said there were already 10 people in line...

Things that for so many years I took for granted, like the 1st day of school. Since Ayden was born I tried to enjoy even the smallest of milestones.  Today Ayden starts 8th grade and thank you to @milehiiu and @Colonialcrester for allowing me to share Aydens story and to all of you that have put up with my posts as a very proud and grateful father. Thank you HSN. 

20210805_072840.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Things that for so many years I took for granted, like the 1st day of school. Since Ayden was born I tried to enjoy even the smallest of milestones.  Today Ayden starts 8th grade and thank you to @milehiiu and @Colonialcrester for allowing me to share Aydens story and to all of you that have put up with my posts as a very proud and grateful father. Thank you HSN. 

20210805_072840.jpg

Those are some bodacious sneakers, gym shoes, kicks that boy is stepping out wearing!!  😁  My, my!!  Look out, ladies.  😎

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Those are some bodacious sneakers, gym shoes, kicks that boy is stepping out wearing!!  😁  My, my!!  Look out, ladies.  😎

A few years ago he wanted a pair of gold nikes and we were like AYden everyone will make fun of you, but what kind of advice is that from parents. WE have let him be him and everyone loved his gold shoes. He has his own unique taste and it is awesome. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Hey men, older men, I have a question and I think it kinda goes with "family" thread. Not sure where else to ask.

Do you all go to baby showers?

No...Never...

If I know any of the other attendee's husbands, I normally take em to a wing joint for wings and beers...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No...Never...

If I know any of the other attendee's husbands, I normally take em to a wing joint for wings and beers...

I mean, It's like a women's thing right? They get together, they bond, share feelings. Not to sounds sexist.

To me not seeing new born cloths opened up doesn't mean that a new baby is unimportant to me, right?  Of course It's important.

2 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Hey men, older men, I have a question and I think it kinda goes with "family" thread. Not sure where else to ask.

Do you all go to baby showers?

Definitely a woman's thing in my circle.  I never even attended when I was the father.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Only the birth father in my experience.  But basically just do what the momma wants   

Well, I guess things change over the years...my father in law could never figure out why I wanted to be in the delivery room...wasn't the way it was done in his day...you paced the waiting room with a pocket full of cigars when he was coming up...

I'm glad I did though...the 3 most magical days in 23,000 + I've been around for...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1