The "Family" page

rico

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

A buddy of mine had his first three days before us in the same hospital. They were going home the day we delivered. They adopted their 1 month old nephew 2 months after birth.  Evidently as soon as the Dr gave them the ok to practice again, she got pregnant immediately with twins.  The kids are 3.5 and 2.5 now.  Cutest kids I've ever seen.  Its been pure survival.  I've barely seen him since the hospital.  

I’d probably look like I’d been in a gulag for 2.5 years. 🤣

Didn't know where to put this, but this thread looked like a good place...

My wife was digging through some stuff and found these 2 letters. They're from her Dad to her Mom, during WW2 before they were married. Her Dad was in the Battle of the Bulge, including the liberation of Bastogne. He sent these during the occupation of Velburg. A German POW did the artwork hoping my father in law would help him get to the US...

Just some interesting Americana...

2056359466_PXL_20220428_0946158652.thumb.jpg.f99a2793f828c5316633e3b875af7df9.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2022 at 5:57 PM, Zlinedavid said:

With my first, I said two things: 1) that they’re healthy and 2) THAT THERES ONLY ONE. 

I can’t imagine what going from zero to twins would be like. 

Having twins would be the death of me lol. Kidding but I don’t know how parents do it, especially with it being their first ones. Of friend of mine from college had triplets for her first. Hats off to her and her husband, can’t imagine that! 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

My wife was digging through some stuff and found these 2 letters. They're from her Dad to her Mom, during WW2 before they were married. Her Dad was in the Battle of the Bulge, including the liberation of Bastogne. He sent these during the occupation of Velburg. A German POW did the artwork hoping my father in law would help him get to the US...

2056359466_PXL_20220428_0946158652.thumb.jpg.f99a2793f828c5316633e3b875af7df9.jpg

That is super cool. 

My wife's grandparents were married for 71 years until her grandma died. Her grandfather is still alive. 

Anyway my wife's uncle, Dave Jr was in Vietnam for 9 months.  He got killed in a village on the Go Noi Island. My father in law has his letters. I would like to read them one day. 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That is amazing!! Love history and seeing stuff like this. Get those sealed up and displayed, would be amazing talking pieces and great family history. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

One of the days you live for...my youngest (26) had to have labor induced because her BP was getting too high...

So, here's my little Early "Birdie."markup_4015.thumb.png.c472a83462ad276b3c4b4b7d439c27a5.png 

Good form and court vision.  Still growing.  Needs to get stronger to compete.  High major potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madison22 said:

Good form and court vision.  Still growing.  Needs to get stronger to compete.  High major potential.

As much as I'd like to see her wearing Cream and Crimson she'll probably follow her Mom into the equestrian stuff...she already has a horse waiting for her...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

As some of you know this is a busy time of the year for me.  Mushroom hunting and farming.  But Monday I got a new grand-daughter, my son's 1st child.  Mom and baby are fine.

Meet Selena...

Selena.jpg

Ours was born Monday too! Congratulations Grandpa! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

12:06 PM here...congrats to you as well.

6:41 PM CST...Her name is Scarlett...Going over Saturday to see her...They're about 3 1/2 hours away... 

BTW, Monday was Yogi Ferrell's birthday too 🙂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So they took my new granddaughter to her first horse show this weekend...had to get up early, and it seems she's just not a morning person 🙂 

IMG_4697.thumb.jpg.6df8da56f95f2bb2f425e670c6726d5e.jpg 

And once they got there, she chose a nice nap over saying "hello" to the horses 

IMG_2344.thumb.jpg.33463f244584f504cc020eeca1736f4f.jpg

Babies are just the best...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So they took my new granddaughter to her first horse show this weekend...had to get up early, and it seems she's just not a morning person 🙂 

IMG_4697.thumb.jpg.6df8da56f95f2bb2f425e670c6726d5e.jpg 

And once they got there, she chose a nice nap over saying "hello" to the horses 

IMG_2344.thumb.jpg.33463f244584f504cc020eeca1736f4f.jpg

Babies are just the best...

That is the face I make in the morning as well. Especially before I have my coffee.

Congrats!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

That is the face I make in the morning as well. Especially before I have my coffee.

Congrats!!

Thanks...my wife looked at that "grumpy" pic, looked at me and said, "they were right. Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree." 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rico said:

My son's trusty dog, Lucille, babysitting my new grand-daughter.

lucille and selena.jpg

Dogs have that natural protective instinct about babies. Very cool.

My best bud Marcie takes a more distanced approach so she can get the angle on an ankle...

1624218482_IMG_45532.thumb.jpg.7c63a0903fa157df65cd5221e4c19685.jpg

And I was browsing through some pics and came upon one of our boxer Ty back in the day photobombing a pic with my new granddaughter's mom (my youngest daughter) being held by my Mom circa 1995. Old Ty was all business when it came to his baby... 

1535383439_PXL_20220514_1653130872.thumb.jpg.621020e2685601630dbbcd4a678e41f1.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Took my oldest, who is 5, to Home Depot over the weekend to look at landscaping items and flowers. He smelled a thing of flowers, and in front of a lot of people says, “Dad, this flower smells like toots. It’s a toot flower daddy!!” 🤦‍♂️ Oh that kid lol.

That boy is so much more polite than both of my girls would have been... lol (30 and 27 now)

Cherish every moment Jaybob!

• Haha 1