The "Family" page

rico

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to put this. A local farmer and IU fan Benji Ortman lives in Decatur  County and is in the men's group I attend and his parents go to our church. His family waa honored by Becks Seeds to have the Becks Day Ever. Video is very inspirational and I wanted to share. Please keep Benji and his family in your thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rico said:

Just got the word...I am gonna be a Grandpa again!  My son and d-i-l are expecting in May.  

Congratulations @rico

My youngest found out the sex of her baby (due May 28th...My Mom's B-Day...Mom woulda been 101 this year) yesterday...

My youngest has always been a huge Beatles fan...She sent me the YouTube link to "When I'm 64" on my birthday back in October...

"Every summer we can rent a cottage
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck and Dave"

So when she called me yesterday, she said, "It's Vera!"

I laughed about that for an hour...A girl! Now I'll have one of each :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Congratulations @rico

My youngest found out the sex of her baby (due May 28th...My Mom's B-Day...Mom woulda been 101 this year) yesterday...

My youngest has always been a huge Beatles fan...She sent me the YouTube link to "When I'm 64" on my birthday back in October...

"Every summer we can rent a cottage
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck and Dave"

So when she called me yesterday, she said, "It's Vera!"

I laughed about that for an hour...A girl! Now I'll have one of each :) 

I like that tune...off Sgt Pepper right? Congrats!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I was just trying to have a serious conversation with my sister over the phone about my recovery process and when I heard her laughing, and laughing in the background(my wife) I was like WTF.

Screw everyone, except HSN, this life sucks and im done trying.

You there buddy?  If so, post something in the Music thread.  Always like seeing what's on your playlist.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

For those those of you that have been on this journey with us I want to share a couple things. Tomorrow Ayden will be inducted into the Jr High National Honor Society.  Maybe not a big deal but for a kid that was told that going to school would probably never be an option we are pretty proud of him. We give God all the praise and glory. 

In a few weeks Ayden will have his annual bone marrow biopsy so please continue to keep him in prayer. Thank you

Always in my prayers, brother, as well as you and the rest of your family...

Ayden is one amazing young man...

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

For those those of you that have been on this journey with us I want to share a couple things. Tomorrow Ayden will be inducted into the Jr High National Honor Society.  Maybe not a big deal but for a kid that was told that going to school would probably never be an option we are pretty proud of him. We give God all the praise and glory. 

In a few weeks Ayden will have his annual bone marrow biopsy so please continue to keep him in prayer. Thank you

In the words of Crosby Stills Nash..."Carry on, love is coming, love is coming to us all."    😊

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Very happy to hear this. I know you’re a proud father, as you should be. 

• Thanks 1

Several years ago Aydens doctors told us that kids with Mitochondria disease are likely to lose their hearing and sight. Every 6 months he has both tested. 3 years ago he was told he needed glasses and 2 years ago he was losing hearing in his left ear. Both of these things had us very concerned of course. This week his eye Dr said his vision was perfect and his hearing test showed no additional hearing loss since last time. Praise God!! God is good all the time!!!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Congratulations to Ayden and his parents. He is such an inspiration to me and he is a nice looking young man.

Continued good health to my hero!

Thank you my friend. He must get that from MOM. I am not sold on the hair but to be a rock star I guess that is what you do. His golf instructor told him yesterday the the school principal called him and told him to cut Aydens hair for him during his golf lesson. 

• Like 1