The "Family" page

rico

On 3/16/2022 at 4:32 PM, Billingsley99 said:

Ayden’s procedure went well no problems. We will get test back in about a week or so. They asked if we wanted to watch the procedure in the room and my wife being the smarter of us said no. I wish I would have followed her. I didn't pass out or anything but rest assured I won't say yes again!!

Thank you all for you thoughts and prayers.

It’s quite a procedure, isn’t it? My wife does marrow biopsies and spinal fluid pulls fairly regularly, although not pediatric. I asked her if she ever gets nervous shoving a giant needle into someone’s bone or spine. “Not after you’ve done a few hundred.” I’m sure he was in great hands. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

It’s quite a procedure, isn’t it? My wife does marrow biopsies and spinal fluid pulls fairly regularly, although not pediatric. I asked her if she ever gets nervous shoving a giant needle into someone’s bone or spine. “Not after you’ve done a few hundred.” I’m sure he was in great hands. 

Yes he was thanks for sharing. The woman that did his does about 30 a week for the past 32 years. I could not imagine doing that. Thank God we have people that can

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Quick Update. We got the test results back from Ayden's bone marrow and they were stable. That is the best outcome that we could ask for. Thank you all for your support and prayers. Jr High Golf season starts today with our first practice. 

Excellent news!

Good luck.to Ayden on the course, too...

My favorite quote about golf actually comes from Hank Aaron...

"It took me 20 years to get 3,000 hits in baseball. I did it on a golf course in one afternoon." 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

Excellent news!

Good luck.to Ayden on the course, too...

My favorite quite about golf actually comes from Hank Aaron...

"It took me 20 years to get 3,000 hits in baseball. I did it on a golf course in one afternoon." 

Truer words were never spoken.

Last week I picked up 1200 golf balls from a buddy of mine that works on a golf course. I sent the pic to my oldest son and asked him if we had enough. He said," that should get me through 5 or 6 rounds."

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Quick Update. We got the test results back from Ayden's bone marrow and they were stable. That is the best outcome that we could ask for. Thank you all for your support and prayers. Jr High Golf season starts today with our first practice. 

F O R E !!!!!   😁

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The things we do for our kids. I’m sitting outside in the sleet in 30 something degree weather watching my little girl’s first ever soccer game. I wouldn’t be anywhere else. I don’t think I’ve ever been so cold though. 

Plays, band concerts, baseball, soccer, swimming, softball, dance team, track, and horseback riding made for a full parental slate...

I liked soccer simply for the fact you always knew where the ball was...amongst the swarm of kids...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Nothing beats being dad. Good stuff. 👍 

I definitely struggle with patience, but nothing I love more than my family. Being a dad changed my life, and made me a better person and husband. Never cooked a day in my life (except grilling) until I had my first. Also do a lot more things around the house now. Not at the request of my wife, but because of the realization of having kids had on me to get stuff done. 

17 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Love being a dad to these two, and love to be very goofy with me! 5BDD411E-74C6-49C4-9986-8C9AAF8FBEED.thumb.jpeg.168237086e9e021a58c786952de6bcea.jpeg

Doesn't seem that long ago when mine were that little.  Now my 10 year old is all but getting recruited by junior high football teams....yeah, 10 and he's just a shade under 5', 100-110 lbs and built like a brick s***house.  For reference, I'm 5'9".  Good thing he's basically otherwise a clone of me appearance wise or I'd start wondering if he was mine. 🤣

Kid would be a natural offensive tackle.  Not fast, but steady on his feet and has a natural protective instinct vs being an aggressor.  But I'm not the parent you'd need to convince.....I'll just leave it at that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Doesn't seem that long ago when mine were that little.  Now my 10 year old is all but getting recruited by junior high football teams....yeah, 10 and he's just a shade under 5', 100-110 lbs and built like a brick s***house.  For reference, I'm 5'9".  Good thing he's basically otherwise a clone of me appearance wise or I'd start wondering if he was mine. 🤣

Kid would be a natural offensive tackle.  Not fast, but steady on his feet and has a natural protective instinct vs being an aggressor.  But I'm not the parent you'd need to convince.....I'll just leave it at that. 

It’s crazy how fast they grow up. I mad the really bad mistake when my wife was pregnant with our first that as long as he doesn’t come out black then I’m good. Oh she got so mad and said to never make that comment again lol. (For the record, wasn’t a racist comment, just a joke about the baby being mine or not) Never again! 

Oldest loves playing sports so far. We get him into activities and then let him decide what he wants. He’s loves baseball (games start next Sunday), ice skating (before taking intro to hockey), and gymnastics. Will be doing soccer and basketball later this year. Want him to have options and he can decide. 

I might be pushing golf so I can start playing again lol. My son did bring it up on his own, so I think that will happen this summer :) 

So I have 3 girls, now 38, 36, and 26...all grown and out on there own...

The only advice I can give is love, patience, and consistency are the 3 necessities...

My oldest always tells the story about being 16, out on a date. House rules were 11 PM curfew. It's 11:05 and her date is speeding to get her home. She told him, "don't be stupid and get a speeding ticket on top of it. We were sunk at 11:01.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

don't be stupid and get a speeding ticket on top of it. We were sunk at 11:01.

That’s actually a testament to you….very sound logic for a 17 year old. 

Edit: and kudos to you for surviving that marathon of estrogen.  Always heard that 14 was the turning point. Girls tended to be easier to that point, while boys you genuinely worried about their survival. After that, the fun had only just started with girls, while with boys that age, well….75% of parenting consisted of “Keep it on the road, keep it under 80, be back by midnight and don’t get her pregnant.” 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

It’s crazy how fast they grow up. I mad the really bad mistake when my wife was pregnant with our first that as long as he doesn’t come out black then I’m good

With my first, I said two things: 1) that they’re healthy and 2) THAT THERES ONLY ONE. 

I can’t imagine what going from zero to twins would be like. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

House rules were 11 PM curfew. It's 11:05 and her date is speeding to get her home. She told him, "don't be stupid and get a speeding ticket on top of it. We were sunk at 11:01.”

I dated a girl with the same time curfew.  I got her home by 10:40.  Not even a close call.  We, uh, talked for a while, and she went in at 11:05.  Got grounded.

Her to dad:  But I was home!

Dad:  No, you were in the driveway.  Home is when you come through the door.

25 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I dated a girl with the same time curfew.  I got her home by 10:40.  Not even a close call.  We, uh, talked for a while, and she went in at 11:05.  Got grounded.

Her to dad:  But I was home!

Dad:  No, you were in the driveway.  Home is when you come through the door.

Dad was right...the threshold is the threshold 🙂

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

With my first, I said two things: 1) that they’re healthy and 2) THAT THERES ONLY ONE. 

I can’t imagine what going from zero to twins would be like. 

A buddy of mine had his first three days before us in the same hospital. They were going home the day we delivered. They adopted their 1 month old nephew 2 months after birth.  Evidently as soon as the Dr gave them the ok to practice again, she got pregnant immediately with twins.  The kids are 3.5 and 2.5 now.  Cutest kids I've ever seen.  Its been pure survival.  I've barely seen him since the hospital.