The "Family" page

rico

22 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

It has been a rough couple of weeks. July 8th, my father-in-law passed at home, taking his last breath in his son's arms. Three days later my mother-in-law had a stroke and is still hospitalized and won't be able to attend his funeral service tomorrow due to her stroke.  My wife is a wreck. Today is her 44th birthday and I have no idea what to do to celebrate it with her. 

July can't get over fast enough!

My condolences and prayers coming your way... Stay strong and take comfort through faith... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jefftheref said:

It has been a rough couple of weeks. July 8th, my father-in-law passed at home, taking his last breath in his son's arms. Three days later my mother-in-law had a stroke and is still hospitalized and won't be able to attend his funeral service tomorrow due to her stroke.  My wife is a wreck. Today is her 44th birthday and I have no idea what to do to celebrate it with her. 

July can't get over fast enough!

Praying for you all. 

• Thanks 1

My 3 yr old grandson and I were picking some black berries from our bushes this morning. There's only 4-5 that are ripe while the rest are all still red. He asks me, what do you call the red ones. I explained that they are still black berries, they are just not ripe black berries. He get that confused look on his face and says "I don't understand, they are not Black they are Red".

Scratching my granpa head, I say... Well you know you are a little boy that is "this" tall right now, right?

He says yes.

I ask, What will you be when you are THIS^ tall...

He says, "ripe?"

We ate the Black ones with a big ole grin on granpa's face.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

My 3 yr old grandson and I were picking some black berries from our bushes this morning. There's only 4-5 that are ripe while the rest are all still red. He asks me, what do you call the red ones. I explained that they are still black berries, they are just not ripe black berries. He get that confused look on his face and says "I don't understand, they are not Black they are Red".

Scratching my granpa head, I say... Well you know you are a little boy that is "this" tall right now, right?

He says yes.

I ask, What will you be when you are THIS^ tall...

He says, "ripe?"

We ate the Black ones with a big ole grin on granpa's face.

love that story. The little things are so BIG the older we get and more and more precious. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I wasn't sure if I should ask this in the DIY'er thread, the collectables thread, things that make you shake your head or here. 

@5fouls - Hypothetical... Asking for a friend. If you are sure that your 47 yr old 3rd wife is possessed by evil. What do you do? I mean, I haven't actually seeeeen her head spin on her shoulders, but I think all 3 dogs have by the way they look at me when she talks. they all have their Head cocked to the side, looking through the top of their eye lids (they are dachshunds so they are short anyway). I think two of them even had a paw under their chin. 

Any advice?  

7 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I wasn't sure if I should ask this in the DIY'er thread, the collectables thread, things that make you shake your head or here. 

@5fouls - Hypothetical... Asking for a friend. If you are sure that your 47 yr old 3rd wife is possessed by evil. What do you do? I mean, I haven't actually seeeeen her head spin on her shoulders, but I think all 3 dogs have by the way they look at me when she talks. they all have their Head cocked to the side, looking through the top of their eye lids (they are dachshunds so they are short anyway). I think two of them even had a paw under their chin. 

Any advice?  

Mistake #1.  The third wife should not be older than 24, regardless of your age.  Now, as far as her being possessed is concerned, try this spell.

1) 1 tablespoon vampire bat blood

2) 4 yellow Skittles

3) 1/3 cup of sugar

4) 6 ounces of grapefruit juice (must be Tropicana brand)

5) 7 squares of Ex-Lax

6) A random Conway Twitty song playing in the background

7) 4 horned frog hearts

Works every time.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Mistake #1.  The third wife should not be older than 24, regardless of your age.  Now, as far as her being possessed is concerned, try this spell.

1) 1 tablespoon vampire bat blood

2) 4 yellow Skittles

3) 1/3 cup of sugar

4) 6 ounces of grapefruit juice (must be Tropicana brand)

5) 7 squares of Ex-Lax

6) A random Conway Twitty song playing in the background

7) 4 horned frog hearts

Works every time.

7.... Squares? I'm not a cleaner. Are you sure?

Oh god I love Conway twitty, that one should have been obvious!  Duh me.

• 2 weeks later...

We starting our Halloween decorations early this year. Also gonna share a secret and will post after I do it.just a small pic of my favorite items.

We will be on Navarre Beach fall break. I just bought my Michael Myers mask and have my blue coveralls. Going to get a pic in my beach chair on full costume with a sign that reads 

CHILLIN BEFORE THE KILLIN

Then on the way home I am going to hitchhike near the Welcome to Florida sign holding a sign that reads NEXT STOP HADDONFIELD,  IL

My wife will be recording these and hopefully we can go viral

I am looking as forward to doing these as I am to be on the beach. 

20220918_210334.jpg

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3