The "Family" page

rico

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, rico said:

Veteran's Day edition.  Thanks for your service.

My Uncle Herb is front row center( with the hat).  According to my cousin, this is from 1945 in the South Pacific.

Uncle Red.jpg

I served in the Army. Not the Navy. And at a later date.   However that looks like a PT boat to me.  Like the one JFK served on during WWII.  Regardless... thanks to your Uncle for serving.  Those were truly great Americans. 

Edited by milehiiu
  • Thanks 1

First text I got this morning...

Screenshot_20201111-182432.thumb.png.48d7e2915a8f84dab4ca5678467ac2b0.png

The second...

Screenshot_20201111-182909.thumb.png.9cf1566e939a5c9a0690ba3996ac0fce.png

And the 3rd...

Screenshot_20201111-183055.thumb.png.3a8bd45d0e2a9593c1f62fc399105aec.png

They were even in order...oldest first, middle second, youngest last...

And a Veterans Day salute to my father in law the late Paul Honer, who fought with Patton's 3rd Army, including the relief of Bastogne, and my uncle, the late Mark Greenleaf who survived Pearl Harbor aboard the USS Raleigh.

And to all of our Veterans on this board...salute to you all...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, rico said:

You still got the "toys?"

No...I was one of those inquisitive kids that took everything apart to see how they worked...Kinda like Sid in "Toy Story"...

Once the old man saw it in pieces, it went in the garbage...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

No...I was one of those inquisitive kids that took everything apart to see how they worked...Kinda like Sid in "Toy Story...

Once the old man saw it in pieces, it went in the garbage...

Those babies would be worth some money...BTW, I didn't take care of my stuff either.

• Like 1

Just now, rico said:

Damn, you guys must have been rich to have colored pictures!  LOL

My old spinster Aunt had both the Brownie still camera and one of the movie cameras...The camera flash would make you walk around like a mole for 5 minutes, and the bank of lights for the video camera would sunburn you...

She worked at Hulman Co in Terre Haute canning Clabber Girl Baking Powder for over 50 years...Never had kids or a husband, so she had some money...Always got me and the old man freebie Indy 500 tickets every year too...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My old spinster Aunt had both the Brownie still camera and one of the movie cameras...The camera flash would make you walk around like a mole for 5 minutes, and the bank of lights for the video camera would sunburn you...

She worked at Hulman Co in Terre Haute canning Clabber Girl Baking Powder for over 50 years...Never had kids or a husband, so she had some money...Always got me and the old man freebie Indy 500 tickets every year too...

Understood.  I just asked because it was 71 or 72 before I saw any colored pictures of myself.  Dad had a 8mm movie camera...but it shot B & W as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...