The "Family" page

rico

My Mother in law gave me the greatest gift ever, the most beautiful woman in the world to be my wife. Yesterday afternoon holding her husband and daughters hand she entered the gates of Heaven very peacefully.  Thank you for your prayers and for allowing us to talk about such things like this. Have a blessed day HSN. love you guys!!

• Sad 5

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My Mother in law gave me the greatest gift ever, the most beautiful woman in the world to be my wife. Yesterday afternoon holding her husband and daughters hand she entered the gates of Heaven very peacefully.  Thank you for your prayers and for allowing us to talk about such things like this. Have a blessed day HSN. love you guys!!

My condolences to your family and particularly your wife...I know how difficult it is...You're in my thoughts

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Condolences to your family. And for the record I feel the same about you my friend. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know I have mentioned it before but I held my dad's hand as he left this earth, dying from a heart attack. 

It is a surreal and a very difficult thing to experience, feeling life leave a body.

My heart and prayers are with you all. 

Although not quite the same thing, if you or your wife need someone to confide in, PM me. I still think about him everyday.  I'm here to be a shoulder to lean on.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chalk one up for the red, white and blue and the cream and crimson today. 

Since just after Thanksgiving, my dad had been dealing with some abnormal (but not extreme) stomach pain.  Being a Vietnam vet, his primary care is through the VA.  After some preliminary tests at his local clinic, they recommended him to the VA in Indianapolis, with an attending oncologist from IU Health supervising his case.  Over the past two days, he underwent a battery of tests.  The outcome, not great, but could be much worse.  A relatively small mass was found at the head of his pancreas, but it had not spread to where it was intertwined into the lobules of the pancreas.  Liver, gall bladder, small intestine and lymph nodes were all clear. 

Preliminary prognosis: extremely good.  Likely treatable with chemo only. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Chalk one up for the red, white and blue and the cream and crimson today. 

Since just after Thanksgiving, my dad had been dealing with some abnormal (but not extreme) stomach pain.  Being a Vietnam vet, his primary care is through the VA.  After some preliminary tests at his local clinic, they recommended him to the VA in Indianapolis, with an attending oncologist from IU Health supervising his case.  Over the past two days, he underwent a battery of tests.  The outcome, not great, but could be much worse.  A relatively small mass was found at the head of his pancreas, but it had not spread to where it was intertwined into the lobules of the pancreas.  Liver, gall bladder, small intestine and lymph nodes were all clear. 

Preliminary prognosis: extremely good.  Likely treatable with chemo only. 

I will keep your father and family in prayer. Glad things look positive 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, IUFLA said:

For @Billingsley99...I know how much he loves Destin...Was sifting through some old pics...This was probably 10 years ago...

IMG_1256.JPG.61c7f27aa5d418468e626beab869b3e0.JPG

Yes Sir I do!! Great looking family. I think this year we are planning on going to NAvarre Beach in May, my oldest only gets 10 days off from Grad school.  Wife not so sure after seeing a lot more marine life there than Destin or Ft Walton. Thanks seeing that water made my day. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Me and my kids went to Panama City beach a lot and that is not to far from Destin.

Panama City is nice...except around spring break, then it's a zoo...

When we moved to the area in 1988, Destin was a lot different than it is now. Kinda undiscovered territory. I had a chance to buy a condo right on the beach for $94,000...

But, I was just a SSgt and my income would have been stretched to the max...God knows what that condo is worth today...

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Panama City is nice...except around spring break, then it's a zoo...

When we moved to the area in 1988, Destin was a lot different than it is now. Kinda undiscovered territory. I had a chance to buy a condo right on the beach for $94,000...

But, I was just a SSgt and my income would have been stretched to the max...God knows what that condo is worth today...

We usually went in June or July and it is more of a tourist hot spot.  We always rented a conf right on the beach so it was nice.  The water their is usually so clear and warm.  My favorite place to go to the beach is Hilton Head Island

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

There's a little village between Destin and Panama City called Seaside that is pretty cool. All pastel colored (expensive) houses, and just one little general store. Nice beach too, but bring anything you want to eat or drink...that general store is expensive!

That's where Aydens Dr said we should stay. He said they get a house on beach every summer. I told him only if he was paying. 

Sitting on the beach is the only time I drink. We just want a place where we can just stay on beach all day. 

• Like 3

I know we like positives and I'm all for it, but just finished a very emotional call with my best friend from Russia. Her 25 year old daughter announced she was geting married to a 43 year old man she has never met? She wasn't sure she wanted to attend the wedding? Not all of family is roses! I told her she needs to be a mother and support her daughter because it could work out well, but more importantley if it doesn't she will still be there for her daughter.

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Dont want to drag the thread down with negativity but my stepdad is in the hospital now. Nobody knows what is going on. 

I saw him friday evening and he hadn't been able to get out of bed all day. 😔

Continued prayers for your stepdad and your family...

• Thanks 1