To lock. Or not to lock ?

milehiiu

That is the question.  When I had the powers before being granted the title of HSN Chancellor Emeritus..... I was not a locker.  Always felt the thread could be controlled by other methods.

Many great discussions have come as a result.  

Again.  Not easy, nor fun being a mod sometimes.  Tick, tock.   To lock or not to lock ?

Discuss. 

23 hours ago, milehiiu said:

That is the question.  When I had the powers before being granted the title of HSN Chancellor Emeritus..... I was not a locker.  Always felt the thread could be controlled by other methods.

Many great discussions have come as a result.  

Again.  Not easy, nor fun being a mod sometimes.  Tick, tock.   To lock or not to lock ?

Discuss. 

What purpose does this topic serve?

26 minutes ago, rico said:

What purpose does this topic serve?

Recently there has been a lot of talk about locking threads.  Some members were not happy with the recent rash of locked threads. Thought it was relevant. To that issue..... without getting into politics.

13 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You are lucky, with this new update I can't find the ban button!

Well now.  This thread has gone in a different direction, than what I intended it to be.  Regardless.  It is fun.   Love you all.  And PLEASE stay safe.

WE ARE FAMILY !

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Always, even when home. Had a UPS driver open my front door to set a package inside a few years ago. I think I scared him. Been locked ever since. 

Had that happened in my house.  I believe he would have gotten the shock of his life, when my huge German Shepard would have greeted him at the front door.  This is a dog that lives to protect our house.

And I can't believe that the UPS driver just did not set the package down, and ring the bell.  That's what they do at my house.

16 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I read a joke on the wall at my favorite cafe, it said!

”I child proofed my home but somehow they keep getting back in”

Funny.  Not going to ask you what wall that was written on.

Reminds me. Of the time I went into the restroom at what was my favorite restaurant in Frisco, Colorado.Very rustic place. Set in an old house on the edge of town.  Did not make out the sign on the door.  Got in. Looked around and could not figure why there was no urinals in the restroom.  Oh well.  Went back again, after dinner.  Only after leaving, did I see the sign... for the ladies.

Just glad there were no ladies in the restroom both times I went in.   LOL 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Funny.  Not going to ask you what wall that was written on.

Reminds me. Of the time I went into the restroom at what was my favorite restaurant in Frisco, Colorado.Very rustic place. Set in an old house on the edge of town.  Did not make out the sign on the door.  Got in. Looked around and could not figure why there was no urinals in the restroom.  Oh well.  Went back again, after dinner.  Only after leaving, did I see the sign... for the ladies.

Just glad there were no ladies in the restroom both times I went in.   LOL 

Actually they have all sorts humor like above painted on pieces of wood and other artifacts hanging all over all the walls.

Archived