'20-'21 MLB Hot Stove League

rico

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rico said:

Well, let them get out the check book.

To me the Reds need to trade a couple of their OFers because they have a glut of them. The problem is to many of them would be better off as a DH.  Winker, Costellanos and Votto are bad defensive players which hurts the team.  I know you like Winker but I would see what I can get for him.  Besides that 3 week hit streak he was pretty bad this year.  It seemed like after he started hitting homeruns he changed his approach.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me the Reds need to trade a couple of their OFers because they have a glut of them. The problem is to many of them would be better off as a DH.  Winker, Costellanos and Votto are bad defensive players which hurts the team.  I know you like Winker but I would see what I can get for him.  Besides that 3 week hit streak he was pretty bad this year.  It seemed like after he started hitting homeruns he changed his approach.

I would shop Winker and Senzel for sure.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me they need to upgrade SS and C. I am glad Castellanos is coming back because I think he will have a better season this coming year.

MLBTR predicted the Reds would get Gregorious.  I say start Stephenson at C.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

The one year rental tag will hurt his market, but if we could get a top 100 pitching prospect for him, I'd take a look...

And out of the teams he mentions, the Braves are the only ones I'd think would be really interested...They can win now and they have a deep farm system with plenty of pitching...I don't think anyone else on his list is gonna rent a player for a "maybe we can contend."

As for the Dodgers, is he really an upgrade over Justin Turner (if the Dodgers can resign Turner)?

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The one year rental tag will hurt his market, but if we could get a top 100 pitching prospect for him, I'd take a look...

And out of the teams he mentions, the Braves are the only ones I'd think would be really interested...They can win now and they have a deep farm system with plenty of pitching...I don't think anyone else on his list is gonna rent a player for a "maybe we can contend."

As for the Dodgers, is he really an upgrade over Justin Turner (if the Dodgers can resign Turner)?

The Braves do seem like the likeliest destination.  

As far as Turner, what are the chances he gets suspended?

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Freed up the $30 million between Lester and Quintana so make a run at Bauer. Also, like I said, trade Bryant for a top 100 pitching prospect, and Schwarber (and it pains me to say it) for a top 250 pitching prospect. 

Non-tender Almora, Martinez, , Ryan, Rea...

2021 opening day line-up with your proposed transactions?

15 minutes ago, rico said:

2021 opening day line-up with your proposed transactions?

1B Rizzo

2B Hoerner

SS Baez

3B Bote

C Contreras

CF Happ

RF Heyward

I realize we would need to fill LF, but I'm sure there are capable outfielders out there that can beat the numbers we put out there last season between Schwarber, Sousa, Almora...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

1B Rizzo

2B Hoerner

SS Baez

3B Bote

C Contreras

CF Happ

RF Heyward

I realize we would need to fill LF, but I'm sure there are capable outfielders out there that can beat the numbers we put out there last season between Schwarber, Sousa, Almora...

That looks fine by me.

Just now, IUFLA said:

Tony, Tony, Tony...

Just what the Sox fans need...a 76 year old that doesn't have sense enough to call Uber...

I think in this day and age, most teams would can him, but not Reinsdorf...

Especially since the team knew about it before the hire was made.

10 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Especially since the team knew about it before the hire was made.

Weird how it went down (2020 effect?)...

Incident was in February, but the charges weren't filed til the day before the Sox hired him...I would tend to believe that he had told Reinsdorf about it well before that, which makes Jerry going through with the hire all the more curious...

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Tony, Tony, Tony...

Just what the Sox fans need...a 76 year old that doesn't have sense enough to call Uber...

I think in this day and age, most teams would can him, but not Reinsdorf...

I would think that part of Tony's Pale Hose deal is having a designated driver.

Archived