RIP Eddie Van Halen

milehiiu

Still recall the first time I heard "Eruption" on a good stereo system. Eddie Van Halen had such a unique sound and attack on the guitar. Theri first 3-4 albums were such a part of my middle school and high school life. Once they started getting more pop-like and goofy, I checked out, but man those early albums were classics.

RIP Eddie

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Still recall the first time I heard "Eruption" on a good stereo system. Eddie Van Halen had such a unique sound and attack on the guitar. Theri first 3-4 albums were such a part of my middle school and high school life. Once they started getting more pop-like and goofy, I checked out, but man those early albums were classics.

RIP Eddie

I could've written this. I play guitar and learned eruption in high school -- EVH was a rock guitar god. Camped out overnight with buddies at the B-town record store (Ozarka right?) in, I think it was 84, to see Vah Halen in Indy. Great concert.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I could've written this. I play guitar and learned eruption in high school -- EVH was a rock guitar god. Camped out overnight with buddies at the B-town record store (Ozarka right?) in, I think it was 84, to see Vah Halen in Indy. Great concert.

I was in Southern IN at that time and saw them a few times in Eville. Man, that really takes me back to some amazing shows. They were also good showmen on stage. You always knew it would be a party - especially after all of the pre-gaming we did back then!

Archived