Gregg Marshall trouble

17 minutes ago, DWB said:

Obviously, I don't have any first hand knowledge of what occurred. But if the worst thing he said to a player was "get back on your horse", then this PC crap has gone luney tunes! Kids talk smack everyday far worse than this. Hell, I give my friends more $hit than this all the time.

Nowhere did I see he called a black guy a "N-word". 

Physical abuse is something completely different. If he's punching guys like Woody Hayes, then yeah, he needs to go. But verbal stuff?...give me a break. That's part of making someone mentally tough.

"Mentally tough" today means you can blink back the tears when they tell you they've ran out of veggie wraps at Chipotle.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:51 AM, milehiiu said:

In a somewhat related story.  Though different sport.  Former IU Offensive Co-ordinator under Dinardo :

Steve Addazio, CSU Rams largely absolved by independent investigation

Coach A was old school. We live in a different world than some of us grew up in and tough love as a motivation tool was common at every level of football. I see stories like this (Marshall) and am glad I grew up in that world of coaching. Football is an aggressive sport, at the end of the day a coach will push you to your limits or get the trust they need to see through those "teaching moments". Sometimes soft players needed to be pushed mentally to maximize their talent. Addazio never crossed lines while at IU. Overall, a great coach. 

Archived