1945 - Greatest of them all

snowling

Thanks for the link.  I see it was written by  Mark Deal.  Part of the legendary Deal family out of Hobart, Indiana.  Russ... the father, Mark, and his brother, Mike are all in the Indiana Football Hall of Fame.  Russ was HC of Hobart High for nearly 20 years.  And one of winningest coaches in the state at that time.

“ What’s the Deal with IU Football? Mark Knows "

Yes Mile, but transplants to Hobart, IN.  Mutt (Russ) is my wife's uncle, was born and raised in Knox County, IN.  He, his 2 sons (IUFB) and a granddaughter (IUVB) represent 3 generations of I-men (or maybe I-Persons).  The family is a great legacy of IU talent.

Go Hoosiers!

16 hours ago, snowling said:

Yes Mile, but transplants to Hobart, IN.  Mutt (Russ) is my wife's uncle, was born and raised in Knox County, IN.  He, his 2 sons (IUFB) and a granddaughter (IUVB) represent 3 generations of I-men (or maybe I-Persons).  The family is a great legacy of IU talent.

Go Hoosiers!

Knox..... my father and I would drive there in the fall to hunt mushrooms.

Really cool to learn about your wife's uncle.  He was a legend in NW Indiana when he coached the Brickies. 

Steve.  Hope you and your wife are doing well during this pandemic.  And thanks for all you do for Hoosier Sports Nation.

Archived