IU BB Aiming High

He has talked the talk.  Now it's time to walk the walk. Small Incremental advances are not going to be good enough for this fan base.  21 wins this season isn't going to cut it.  We need to be big and bold.  We need to show vast improvements.  Its year 4.  No more excuses.  No more they aren't his guys.  No more he can't play the way he wants.  No more we're so young.  Time to shut up and do something.  Time to be Indiana Basketball.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He has talked the talk.  Now it's time to walk the walk. Small Incremental advances are not going to be good enough for this fan base.  21 wins this season isn't going to cut it.  We need to be big and bold.  We need to show vast improvements.  Its year 4.  No more excuses.  No more they aren't his guys.  No more he can't play the way he wants.  No more we're so young.  Time to shut up and do something.  Time to be Indiana Basketball.

Yep.  Top 4 and Sweet 16 should be the minimum expectations.

45 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yep.  Top 4 and Sweet 16 should be the minimum expectations.

All I can say.  Would have made the tournament last season, had it not been for the pandemic.  Who knows what would have taken place after that.  Who here.... at the time gave Mike Davis a chance to make the final game in 2002 ?

I don’t have w/l or tournament showing specific expectation. I just want to see markably improved basketball. I can be happy seeing quality ball but us lose to a better team. I want to see better perimeter ball and Archies vision start to play out on the court. I want to see just constant high level of competition (see no Purdue/Michigan/1st Wisconsin type performances). Obviously make the tournament and finish top half of the B1G. In the end we need to see improvement but I got no expectation that this team is going to threaten to win the B1G or a championship. I also want to see Archie grow some too. Definitely times I thought he was out-coached as well.

As compensation for my long-suffering IU fandom and having to live in close proximity of too many pUKe and Turdue fans, I am entitled to a Big Ten championship, a Big Ten tournament championship, thumping UK, North Carolina, Turdue, Wisconsin, Duke and Kansas to win banner #6, LSU being perma-banned from the tournament and Will Wade being fired with a show-cause that requires him to clean every Taco Bell toilet with a toothbrush before he gets another college coaching job. 

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

As compensation for my long-suffering IU fandom and having to live in close proximity of too many pUKe and Turdue fans, I am entitled to a Big Ten championship, a Big Ten tournament championship, thumping UK, North Carolina, Turdue, Wisconsin, Duke and Kansas to win banner #6, LSU being perma-banned from the tournament and Will Wade being fired with a show-cause that requires him to clean every Taco Bell toilet with a toothbrush before he gets another college coaching job. 

After he finishes the Taco Bells I will make him a strong ass offer to clean mine

15 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t have w/l or tournament showing specific expectation. I just want to see markably improved basketball. I can be happy seeing quality ball but us lose to a better team. I want to see better perimeter ball and Archies vision start to play out on the court. I want to see just constant high level of competition (see no Purdue/Michigan/1st Wisconsin type performances). Obviously make the tournament and finish top half of the B1G. In the end we need to see improvement but I got no expectation that this team is going to threaten to win the B1G or a championship. I also want to see Archie grow some too. Definitely times I thought he was out-coached as well.

I agree with this.  But if this happens, the other things follow.  If players get better and the coaching gets better, then overall we get better.  We win some games we're not supposed to, we win the game we are supposed to and not fold down the stretch.  You see good basketball on the court.  You see offense and defense that looks like college level ball.  Its been 4years.  I expect more than what we have had.  This is the year to show you're able to coach at the big boy level.  If you can't, then move one and let someone who can

Archived