Famous or notorious people buried in the state in which you live.

milehiiu

I' ll start off with just s short list of Colorado.

"BUFFALO BILL" Cody.  Was a showman who hunted bison. Was a Pony Express rider. Fur trapper. Gold prospector. And performed in Buffalo Bill's Wild West show.

"DOC" HOLLIDAY. Gunslinger. Dentist.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON. Writer. Famous for starting Gonzo Journalism. Wrote Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

JOHN DENVER.  Ashes scattered over the Rocky Mountains. Author of "Rocky Mountain High".

LLOYD WILLIAM BARKER. Part of the Barker gang run by his mother Ma Barker, that ran rampant throughout the Midwest.

LINDA LOVELACE.  Best known for her role in the movie "Deep Throat"

ALFRED PACKER.  On an expedition to find gold. Stranded in a snowstorm, in the mountains.  And ate his partners in order to stay alive.

12 hours ago, Coach1K said:

I see Schuyler Colfax is buried in South Bend. Colorado has the longest continuous commercial road named after him. Runs from Lakewood, in the West. Through the entire city of Denver. And well past Aurora, Colorado on the East.

Colfax Avenue: History of Colfax Avenue

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I see Schuyler Colfax is buried in South Bend. Colorado has the longest continuous commercial road named after him. Runs from Lakewood, in the West. Through the entire city of Denver. And well past Aurora, Colorado on the East.

Colfax Avenue: History of Colfax Avenue

Part of Colfax is also US 40, which runs through Indiana and at one point stretched from coast to coast. 

Archived