IU alum Joe Buck...

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who was the old NFL OL who used to be the color guy for Colts games on CBS? Derdorf? or something like that. He was AWFULLLLLL. Obviously a good person, but I couldn't stand it. 

There also was a color guy (former player, but I'm not sure for who) that would do the 330 ABC Big Ten game. He was a complete jack wagon who was arrogant as could be, and basically second guessed TA or KW with EVERY move they would make. Seemed like a total prick. 

Gus Johnson is fantastic, Jeff Van Gundy, Marc Jackson, Clark Kellogg are all very good..... I do not care for Romo at all. Ian Eagle is good. Hubie Brown talks way too much. Chris Weber is not good. Reggie is solid. I'm just rambling opinions here. Mack Brown was VERY good when he was in the booth. 

Kyle Peterson, Chris Burke, and Ben McDonald are excellent for ESPN college baseball games. 

Matt Millen was the guy I believe you might be thinking of. Was the smartest guy in the world until he had a chance to prove it in Detroit. Failed miserably.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Dierdorf was another gem....in a bad way.He must have grown up hating the Bears because he did a game with Broncos/Bears when Hester housed 2 and you could almost hear how pissed he was at Broncos. 

Typical St. Louis Cardinal guy...

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Sorry, but I liked those Card teams.  Kind of "Raiderish"

I was stationed over by St Louis during the transition years from Jim Hart to Neil Lomax. They had some good players...OJ Anderson, Roy Green, Stump Mitchell...Never had much of a defense though...

Saw 2 games while I was there...A 24-0 thrashing of the Bills where Anderson (I think it was his rookie year) ran wild, and a 20-20 tie with the Giants on MNF...

I disliked Dobler's dirty play though...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was stationed over by St Louis during the transition years from Jim Hart to Neil Lomax. They had some good players...OJ Anderson, Roy Green, Stump Mitchell...Never had much of a defense though...

Saw 2 games while I was there...A 24-0 thrashing of the Bills where Anderson (I think it was his rookie year) ran wild, and a 20-20 tie with the Giants on MNF...

I disliked Dobler's dirty play though...

What?  No Terry Metcalf?  Geez.  LOL  

1 minute ago, rico said:

LOL, however Roy Green was something else.  So was Don Coryell.

Green was...Jim Hanifan (very entertaining and quite vulgar during TV interviews) was the Cards coach for the majority of the time I was there...I think Gene Stallings replaced him before his NC at Alabama...

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Are airshows involving military aircraft "publicity stunts"?

I get military airshows several times a month over my house. Buckley Air Base is several mile from my house. Yet, when I hear them coming (and they are loud), I try to go outside to watch them fly over my house. I LOVE it.  And makes me feel proud and inspired. And then there are the big guys who fly out of the Air Force Academy.... 70 miles South of my house.  Always a treat to see them as well. 

Buckley Air Force Base 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Are airshows involving military aircraft "publicity stunts"?

I'm not sure what else to call them, but they're expensive "whatever you want to call them" for a country that is already spending a lot on the military.

I'm not saying we shouldn't ever do them, but it should be a special occasion not a regular occurrence. 

52 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not sure what else to call them, but they're expensive "whatever you want to call them" for a country that is already spending a lot on the military.

I'm not saying we shouldn't ever do them, but it should be a special occasion not a regular occurrence. 

Lord knows we shouldn't have training missions on the taxpayer's dime.  We should relegate them to serious stuff like flying over IMS and Daytona pre-race.  Ya know, the really special occasions.  And we should go ahead and ground the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels.  That way we have more taxpayer money spent on what KoB says is OK along with Buck and Aikman.

Archived