Best IUBB team to NOT make a NC ?

Just now, milehiiu said:

Agree. And probably in that order.

However.  IMHO, Archie Dees played on teams that could have/ should have won a NC. 

I know most thinks that 93 was better but in my mind the 92 team was better and deeper.  You had Meeks and Anderson coming off the bench who were former starters.  Anderson came up huge during the toournament run and was probably the 2nd leading scorer.  The 93 team even before Henderson's injury was not a deep team especially up front.

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know most thinks that 93 was better but in my mind the 92 team was better and deeper.  You had Meeks and Anderson coming off the bench who were former starters.  Anderson came up huge during the toournament run and was probably the 2nd leading scorer.  The 93 team even before Henderson's injury was not a deep team especially up front.

I can't disagree with you.

Also. After checking. That team had Damon Bailey.... and future movie star..... Matt Nover.

Matt Nover in Blue Chips

'75 and '92-'93 were the best shots IMO but the 1979-80 team was very good - preaseason #1 if I recall.  Same team that won a NC but with Butch Carter and Mike Woodson.  Wittman and Woodson both got hurt.  Woodson hurt his back and eventually came back at the end of the year (vs Iowa) a little prematurely. 

8 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Definitely not the best but the 2012 IU team.  Had we beat Kentucky in the 16, i think we go to the finals.

Completely agree. That team was playing at such a high level and had more experience in its depth compared to the 2013 team. 

6 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Agree with all of teams mentioned. Would like to add that the early sixties teams with the Van Arsdale twins were very good also. The rule that only conference champions were invited probably also shut the door on some very good late blooming teams.

Good points about the twins, and the limited number of teams allowed into the tournament at that time. 

Archived