New logo—redux

The original thread should have never been locked. The institution that was my beloved alma mater made this topic political. If this board has any sense of open- mindedness, they will allow for apolitical discourse on the topic.

With that off my chest...

The logo was not designed for you and I, the fans, alumni or contributors to the university. I would bet my last dollar that it does not consider the majority of Indiana residents.The logo was designed to appeal to the athletes that the program’s are recruiting or currently count as part of the program. It is designed to cater to the youth of our society who may or may not have the same values as the fan base. This is neither good or bad. More a reflection of where our society is, at present. 

If moderators choose to delete this, so be it. Regardless, the fact remains that the choices that the university makes don’t necessarily represent the population it purports to represent.

“The players are excited about it as a sign of unity, as a sign of togetherness, peace and love that we want to promote,” Head Coach Tom Allen said. “I want us to be a beacon of what it looks like to love each other and care about one another, no matter where you are from, and no matter whether you have differences or not. We have to be able to work together to make the world a better place, make Bloomington a better city, make the state of Indiana a better state, and have that impact across the country.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.whas11.com/amp/article/sports/college/social-justice-iu-football-debut-logo-on-uniforms-in-penn-state-hoosiers-memorial-stadium/417-0f922bd4-2dc4-4610-9c31-facb7ae99d01

So that message is, in your view, adverse to what the majority of IU fans think and feel? 
Count me as an alum, and resident, who can live with it. 

2 minutes ago, skrappy74 said:

“The players are excited about it as a sign of unity, as a sign of togetherness, peace and love that we want to promote,” Head Coach Tom Allen said. “I want us to be a beacon of what it looks like to love each other and care about one another, no matter where you are from, and no matter whether you have differences or not. We have to be able to work together to make the world a better place, make Bloomington a better city, make the state of Indiana a better state, and have that impact across the country.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.whas11.com/amp/article/sports/college/social-justice-iu-football-debut-logo-on-uniforms-in-penn-state-hoosiers-memorial-stadium/417-0f922bd4-2dc4-4610-9c31-facb7ae99d01

So that message is, in your view, adverse to what the majority of IU fans think and feel? 
Count me as an alum, and resident, who can live with it. 

That’s fine Skrappy.

Message is not the issue. The choice of how it’s conveyed is the issue.

The university has decided that they want to project an image that is divisive. 

If a certain part of the alumni decides that they no longer opt to support this, that’s a tragedy, imo.

Of course, I am positive that the university will trade off multiple loyal alumni and their contributions for one Mark Cuban and what he can provide.

Me, as a lifetime Alumni Club member, I feel sold out by what the IU leadership has become 

Yeah...I don’t see how this thread lasts. Pretty strong feelings on both sides of this issue. Probably a reason a different logo/message should have been chosen if they wanted to truly unify people. This symbol was clearly lifted from the certain group that shall not be mentioned on this board. Heck when you type their letters in the iPhone it brings up the fist symbol. That said group started and was founded on Marxist values (as admitted by their organizers/leaders). So no matter what people say its clear where they adopted the logo. 
I don’t see this thread going anywhere productive. Most people are pretty dug in on their view of this one. I support our team and our kids...but think this was a huge swing and miss on behalf of the Uni.

I'll third this.

Everyone, we get the frustration regarding this subject.  I have very strong feelings regarding this logo and on a political site would let it blast...but this isn't a political website.  And while IU's new logo is political, no matter what anyone says it is, we don't want this to become a yelling match and then into people being banned, ignored, leaving the site...and people will leave the site when others call them racists, bigots, haters, communists, marxists, and a vast number of other names. So we are left with trying to walk that fine line of what will alienate the least amount of members and we have decided to try to the best of our ability to stop politics as much as possible.  Remember, we make no money off of this site. Zero. We may be stupid for doing this but no one can say we do things for money.  We do what we do for the best of our community.  

We are open to suggestions...we may not follow the suggestion but as the mods and former mods can attest we listen and discuss.  

Give me a PM if you want to discuss, heck, I'll give you my phone number and we can talk.  

It has been a difficult year for many of us and this has caused some strong feelings.  Don't let this stinkin thinkin mess up our forum and our love of our Hoosiers.

Cheers from Phoenix and Go HOOSIERS!!!

Archived