"Tough Love" Stories

IUFLA

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree about his method for tackling debt and not everyone needing to go to college; I think we need to do a better job of promoting things like trade schools. Those are jobs that pay well and are typically performing necessary tasks. 

Agree. When I was graduating high school not a single person encouraged going to a trade. If I could go back I would probably go that route. 

2 days into my first job out of college I got an offer for an electrician apprenticeship.  They were going to pay for classes for an electrical engineering degree. But it was 4 hrs away so turned it down. Wish I didnt. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/24/2020 at 9:34 PM, IU Scott said:

I know it is my fault that I help my kids but my daughter is in Grad school and working two part time jobs.  My son is still going to school and working and just had a baby.  I guess I am soft because I would rather them have what they need over what I get.  So right now I am paying 3 car payments a phone bill, Car insurance for 3 people plus helping my parents out for letting me live there.  Doing this and being unemployed for over 6 months is hard but I would do it every time.

Scott.  You are a good dude.  I've never doubted it, even in our debates about random sports nonsense.  You will be rewarded one day.  

Archived