Penn State Pregame Thread

KDB

I really try not to put so much into any 1 game. Especially the opener vs a top 10 ranked team but boy....if we could get this one today it changes perception of not just program but also how the season plays out. We win today...Michigan loses to Minnesota tonight (which I believe will happen) and all of sudden kids start looking at how this schedule plays out.

On the other hand I just contradicted myself and what every player/coach can and should do. Control only what's in front of you today and for the love of all things Holy please make Penn St earn their points today. No special teams points or cheap blown coverage long TDs.

31 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I can't wait to see what Penix will be able to do in a big game.  He was amazing against MSU last year, but that's really the only other big game he's played in.

Me too...and I hope and pray he doesn't get hurt.

28 minutes ago, rico said:

Urban just picked the Lions by 10.

I didn't get to see him talk about it, but I know last year he was really complimentary of IU.  A lot of the B1G guys last night during and after the Wisconsin/Illinois game were really excited about IU too.  It is really nice to finally get a little respect.

For once against a top 10 team, we are in the SHOULD be close category instead of the COULD be close category.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I didn't get to see him talk about it, but I know last year he was really complimentary of IU.  A lot of the B1G guys last night during and after the Wisconsin/Illinois game were really excited about IU too.  It is really nice to finally get a little respect.

For once against a top 10 team, we are in the SHOULD be close category instead of the COULD be close category.

Urban knows as well as anyone that IU is so close because we played his best teams great for 45 minutes.....and 5 stars eventually pull away. Headed for a game watch party outside later so will have to catch up after game. 

I'm just feeling it I guess.

IU 38

Penn St 27 

5 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Stop trying to confuse us with facts and figures...data, Pituey! We just have to give 110 percent!  Keep our eye on the prize, nose to the grindstone and do the heavy lifting that way!f

WE are going to win because we want it more!

Go Hoosiers!

I coach under a hall of famer. One of his favorite quotes... "Football is blocking and tackling, everything else is mythology." This applies here. 

Block and tackle better than PSU does. Be good on SPT and no TOs and we will give ourselves one helluva chance to win. 

Go be great. 

Archived