INDIANA UPSETS #8 PENN STATE POSTGAME THREAD

KDB

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't think they would have been able to run out the clock, but at a minimum, you have to tell your RB 20 times to not score.  That has to be said over, and over, and over again by the coach, and then over, and over by the QB in the huddle.  Allen/Wommack caught them off guard, and that was bad coaching by Franklin.

Watched the replay and looked like 28 tippy toed when he got to the goal line but had too much momentum.  I think he figured it out for himself too little too late. 

I know it wasnt for all the marbles but it takes balls to go for 2 with the game on the line. Reminds me of when I read about Nebraska in the 84 Orange bowl. And letting PSU score in regulation.  

Some things needs to be shored up but that was some smart and gutsy coaching and got us the frickin win. 

I'm in such a good mood right now. 

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

Great, great win.

Penix was very good in crunch time but it was surprising that we were still in the game despite the way he was throwing the ball the first 3 1/2 quarters. I thought he had to have a really good game for us to win but I guess it was a good sign that we still pulled it out without him having gaudy stats.

Penix QB rating was 52.  Doubt we will see anything that low from him again.

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I know it wasnt for all the marbles but it takes balls to go for 2 with the game on the line. Reminds me of when I read about Nebraska in the 84 Orange bowl. And letting PSU score in regulation.  

Some things needs to be shored up but that was some smart and gutsy coaching and got us the frickin win. 

I'm in such a good mood right now. 

I remember in 2005 or 06 that my old high school was playing in the semi state.  They were down 7 and scored on the last play of the game.  Instead of kicking the extra point they went for 2.  It was a similar play where our QB had to go left and was able to get into the end zone.  He was able to get in standing but if a second later the defender would maybe have gotten there.

5 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Bottom line, as always, we got the win.  We just about ruined Penn State's season.  They had visions of a national championship and we crushed that dream.  Kinda makes me happy... happier than they are in Happy Valley!

I think it was 1994. We had about 3-4 kegs outside Elkins down the street from the stadium in the parking lot. Penn St didn't beat us enough. Never been so happy for an IU loss....and never been as proud for an IU win. Penn St can take Franklin and his silver fox ways back to hv. 

Archived