INDIANA UPSETS #8 PENN STATE POSTGAME THREAD

KDB

2 minutes ago, NYHoosier312 said:

Respect the hell out of Allen for going for 2.  I thought it was the right decision.  No need to try and go another OT when we were struggling lately to stop them.  

Props to Penix for never losing focus after struggling for most of the game.  Big players make big plays and he certainly made the biggest.

Welcome to the top 25 fellas!  

Penix is a stud, there is so much talent.  It was an off game, an unusual one for him and his talent.  So many factors could of been the reason.  Came up big and looked like the kid everyone knows is going to lead this team to great things.  Props.

Wondering why James didnt get more chances?  Had one good run.  Missed Ellis who is going to be big as well.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the entire game.  Thought that Penix could have had a better game. In fact.... I was expecting more.  Having said that.... Michael came through when it mattered most. 

Thought going for two at the end, prior to it happening was a major mistake.  Upon reflection.  Major props to Coach Allen.  My understanding is that if the call on the field went the other way... IU would have lost the game. However since it went IU's way on the field.... and was hard to determine.... they just let the call stand.

Finally..... after watching hundreds of IU games......a call goes IU's way.

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Watched the entire game.  Thought that Penix could have had a better game. In fact.... I was expecting more.  Having said that.... Michael came through when it mattered most. 

Thought going for two at the end, prior to it happening was a major mistake.  Upon reflection.  Major props to Coach Allen.  My understanding is that if the call on the field went the other way... IU would have lost the game. However since it went IU's way on the field.... and was hard to determine.... they just let the call stand.

Finally..... after watching hundreds of IU games......a call goes IU's way.

Yeah, those never go in IU’s favor. Like earlier when PSU muffed a punt and the review was to determine if IU recovered. Result was not only not a recovery, but IU was hit with a 5 yard penalty >:(

8 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

We were out camping this past week-end with very limited TV reception. I did not find the score until late Saturday night around mid-night! I was so surprised, I almost woke the wife up to tell her about it! But my head prevailed and I waited until the next morning!

Great Win for the Hoosiers!!

Good things usually happen for me if I wake my wife up in the middle of the night 

Watching CBS Sports network and they are talking about the IU/PSU on Tiki and Tierny.  They are not tlaking very well about Iu and saying it about PSU not playing well.  Then Tiki said he liked Penix and thinks he is a good player on a bad team.  He said maybe eventually IU will get the talent to be a good program.  Tierny then said it will never happen because the state of Indiana is a bad state for high school football.  Just shows you that people nationally have no idea what they are talking about because the state has been a lot better producing football players.

Archived