Rutgers

btownqb

12 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Rutgers has a real coach again and may become a legit program.  We are a considerably better program than Michigan State is at this point.  Their new coach is a dud and I expect some dark days there a la Hazel at Purdue.  

Just what we need.  Rutgers becoming legit AGAIN.  Ugh.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Just what we need.  Rutgers becoming legit AGAIN.  Ugh.

They were good under Schiano before as you know.  I’d expect them to turn into a physically tough team.  But as a program, hopefully we can out recruit them and just have more talent so we beat them consistently.  But they won’t be a weakling pushover much longer.  

35 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Rutgers has a real coach again and may become a legit program.  We are a considerably better program than Michigan State is at this point.  Their new coach is a dud and I expect some dark days there a la Hazel at Purdue.  

I think MSU and Maryland will be the doormats of the east for the next 3-4 years. Rutgers will be interesting to watch. They might move into that pack behind the top 3 pretty quickly.

Not really surprised by that line. Rutgers is going to be a lot better this year, but they don't have the players yet.

If we can keep it to 0 or 1 turnovers, we should be alright. MSU didn't protect the ball at all.

I could see the over happening, but only if we cover. I don't think they have the offense to score much if our defense plays like we did yesterday. For it to be close, I think it will have to be a low scoring game.

Rutgers had 5 three and outs yesterday. Get a lead, force Vedral to make plays, and take advantage of him trying to force the ball.

I will say, no matter what happens Saturday, I look forward to Rutgers moving ahead of MSU and Maryland and being competitive again. I don't have any issue with them.

MSU has had clear issues, and after how Maryland handled the death of their offensive lineman a few years ago, they're getting what they deserve. Add to that the issues Locksley has had in his past, and they're in that bottom tier of respect for me.

Looking forward to seeing Schiano get it going again.

Rutgers fan here,

watched some of your game against Penn State and congrats on the huge win.  I hate Penn state with a passion so any loss for them excites Rutgers fans.  

A little bit about our game vs Michigan State.  Obviously the turnovers played a huge role in the game, but Schiano preaches and practices forcing turnovers and if you look at him in the first go around with Rutgers, you will notice that his D is aggressive and forces a lot of turnovers, so its not an accident.  Our Dline was a weakness under Ash, is now a strength as Schiano has added transfers and already coached up the guys we had in place.  We also have a redshirt frosh who is a freak outside linebacker edge rusher who wreaked havoc with a couple of strip sacks and fumbles off of edge rushing.  Our linebacks are experienced and our secondary is solid, but not deep.  We also have an Ohio State transfer who started some for them at the Safety position that is kind of the qb of the secondary.  Our d was expected to be good and solid and with Greg, now it's confident and aggressive.  Our run D was great vs. MSU as they rushed for 50 yards I think, our pass d gave up some plays but didn't let up any big plays which I think is the goal with Greg.

Our offense has been pathetic for years and now it at least looks functional.  We are still lacking big time playmakers at the wide out position but we do have speed with a transfer from Wisconsin and Melton who returns for us.  Our running backs Pacheco (very good player and an NFL players) and Young are good but will only be as successful as the line is .  Our line is not great and lacks depth but they did perform well on Saturday, specifically pass blocking.  However they are definetly the weakest unit on our team and what will hold down the offense most likely moving forward. The qb is more of a game manager, but can run and gets the ball out quickly and makes good decisions.  He does have a weak arm which may hold down any vertical passing game we want to have.  Gleeson the new OC comes from Ok State where their RB led the country in rushing last year.  He is young and creative, but is limited with the lack of a line, but is night and day better than what we've had.

Looking forward to a good game on Saturday and while I think you'll win, I think it will most likely be a close game if our offense can move the ball a little and if we can limit your qb's rushing yards. Hears to a good game.  

Archived