Where will we be ranked?

KDB

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something just occurred to me.  I know this would be a big feat, but imagine if we beat Michigan.  Assuming we beat Rutgers and MSU, we'd go into OSU at 4-0, a possible top 10 ranking, and almost surely College Gameday would be there.  That of course requires beating Michigan which we haven't done in forever, but it is a realistic scenario.

40 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Something just occurred to me.  I know this would be a big feat, but imagine if we beat Michigan.  Assuming we beat Rutgers and MSU, we'd go into OSU at 4-0, a possible top 10 ranking, and almost surely College Gameday would be there.  That of course requires beating Michigan which we haven't done in forever, but it is a realistic scenario.

I was thinking about that earlier. Would be insane.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

And then when we win that one...

I was more optimistic about beating UM than I was PSU before the season started.   I thought Minnesota was really overrated but it was scary watching Michigan dismantle the Gophers.

Gamdeday had a graphic with Michigan only having a 46% chance of beating IU.  Be interesting to see the updated FPI on that matchup. 

32 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I was more optimistic about beating UM than I was PSU before the season started.   I thought Minnesota was really overrated but it was scary watching Michigan dismantle the Gophers.

Gamdeday had a graphic with Michigan only having a 46% chance of beating IU.  Be interesting to see the updated FPI on that matchup. 

ESPN is giving Michigan a 61.8 chance now.

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

I was more optimistic about beating UM than I was PSU before the season started.   I thought Minnesota was really overrated but it was scary watching Michigan dItismantle the Gophers.

It's not like IU has not challenged  Michigan in the near recent past

First Half Highlights: Michigan at Indiana

And thanks for being a Hoosier Sports Nation member.  Stay safe during this pandemic.

Finally.

The first IU game I ever saw was against Michigan St. at Memorial Stadium in 1993. My best friends dad at the time had 4 season tickets. Him, his wife, and Jeff and friend. So our friend group would rotate who got to go. So saw about 2 games a year.

Been waiting for this since then. To see IU ranked #17. Awesome baby!!

While not the best played game, definitely the best finish to an IU game I've ever seen. 

The teams ahead of us that lost yesterday were

#6 Oklahoma State

#13 Michigan

#15 North Carolina

#16 Kansas State

We'll definitely jump the bottom 3, but I would guess Oklahoma State will still be ahead of us.  Nobody behind us had a big win that would jump us.  The only other question is will we be ahead of or behind #14 Oregon.

I would guess we'll probably be #13 or #14.

Archived