Where will we be ranked?

KDB

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Guys lol... 

We are ranked 10th. I just... gosh.. this is awesome. Keep it rolling!!!

Just like in '67.  Long before your age.  Sign heading out of Btown... that great town.   Keep the ball rolling.

IU.  Ranked 4 that year.  And many said would have been number 1... had they have beaten O.J. in the Rose Bowl.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm going to have to thoroughly disagree with you. I will be incredibly disappointed if we lose that game, but that certainly doesn't overshadowed our progress. 

I hear you and I expected that response.  My statement should tell you just (in my best Bob Knight voice) how sick and ****ing tired I am of losing to Turdue!  No excuse for that this year!!!

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I hear you and I expected that response.  My statement should tell you just (in my best Bob Knight voice) how sick and ****ing tired I am of losing to Turdue!  No excuse for that this year!!!

I hate Purdue ad much if not more than anyone but I am not going to base the season on one game.  Like in basketball if we go 18-2 in conference and those 2 losses are to Purdue I won't mind it if we win the conference.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hate Purdue ad much if not more than anyone but I am not going to base the season on one game.  Like in basketball if we go 18-2 in conference and those 2 losses are to Purdue I won't mind it if we win the conference.

Nope...can't agree.  That would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth.

You're welcome to that viewpoint, but nope...not for me.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Nope...can't agree.  That would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth.

You're welcome to that viewpoint, but nope...not for me.

Don't like to ever lose to Purdue but championships is what people remember.  Nothing against your opinion but it kind of sounds like Purdue fans.  They seem to care more about beating us than anything else.

34 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

We beat them last year and like 5 out of 7? I mean I certainly don't want to lose to a rival, but I guess I'm just confused. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We beat them last year and like 5 out of 7? I mean I certainly don't want to lose to a rival, but I guess I'm just confused. 

It's more bleeding over from my basketball frustration, but yeah...I don't want to lose to them in football either.  It's not about numbers...I effing hate ever losing to those turds. Period.

I understand the overall trends and numbers and I do appreciate them, but IU needs to take care of business and a big part of that for me is making sure our in-state rival doesn't have much to brag about.

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's more bleeding over from my basketball frustration, but yeah...I don't want to lose to them in football either.  It's not about numbers...I effing hate ever losing to those turds. Period.

I understand the overall trends and numbers and I do appreciate them, but IU needs to take care of business and a big part of that for me is making sure our in-state rival doesn't have much to brag about.

So if in basketball we go 0-3 against Purdue but win the national championship would you consider that as a disappointing season.  I know I couldn't care less what our record was against PU if this scenerio played out.  Also RMK had a losing record against Keady but RMK had 3 championships to Keady's 0 and that to me that is th eimportant number.

5-0 is the only record that really matters when talking about bragging rights.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

So if in basketball we go 0-3 against Purdue but win the national championship would you consider that as a disappointing season.  I know I couldn't care less what our record was against PU if this scenerio played out.  Also RMK had a losing record against Keady but RMK had 3 championships to Keady's 0 and that to me that is th eimportant number.

5-0 is the only record that really matters when talking about bragging rights.

You're talking some extreme and unlikely hypotheticals here.  I'll never say never, but I HATE losing to Turdue.

Let's just leave it at that.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Its very conceivable to think that we will be ranked in all four major men's sports: football, baseball, basketball, and soccer. 

Additionally I believe we are a top 20 team in every sport. 

Very, very good times at IU right now for sure. As on point as our collective sports programs have ever been. 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

And yet, so many were criticizing Fred Glass...

Great legacy to exit with 

Problem with Fred is he messed up the extension with Crean.....even though I think most know IU's admin caused as many problems as Crean did. Wasn't a Fred problem. Just happened on his watch. 

9 hours ago, rico said:

Looks like if we want to move up this week, we will have to impress on the field.

It looks like the Miami/Virginia Tech game is really the only one that has a decent chance of moving us up.  Virginia Tech is actually favored, so if they can win and we can win, we'll move up to #9.  In the AP poll, we're only 2 points behind them, so a good game for us could move us ahead of them.

On 11/12/2020 at 4:28 PM, Leathernecks said:

It looks like the Miami/Virginia Tech game is really the only one that has a decent chance of moving us up.  Virginia Tech is actually favored, so if they can win and we can win, we'll move up to #9.  In the AP poll, we're only 2 points behind them, so a good game for us could move us ahead of them.

Yep but they may have Oregon jump us.

Archived