Where will we be ranked?

KDB

10 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I would feel pretty good about a match-up with USC but would prefer the Orange Bowl or the Peach Bowl, both for the likelihood of fans being allowed to attend and recruiting purposes as we recruit heavily in those regions.

I'm not sure how Arizona has been handling attendance at games to know if the Fiesta Bowl would be allowing any fans.

Orange Bowl is going to want the Canes versus the Gators.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Orange Bowl is going to want the Canes versus the Gators.

Most likely but it might depend on how Florida plays versus Alabama. If they get the snot kicked out of them that might hurt some hype around that team.

Miami also has to play North Carolina too. Someone who knows more about bowl tie-ins would have to tell me more about which bowls are looking likely, but Peach or Orange is my preference.

My slightly biased case that IU should be #5 or #6 in the CFP ranking. The top 4 are pretty clear IMO. That next group i think we could make an argument that Indiana is the best of that group.

Texas AM 7-1. The only game they played against the top 4 they got humiliated 52-24. Game was not even that close. 

Florida 8-1 Has not played any of the top 4 but lost 31-28 to the Team that lost by 4 touchdowns to Bama

Cincinnati 8-0. Terrible conference has not played anyone. They have beaten everyone on their schedule its not their fault but not ahead of Indiana 

Georgia 6-2 The only 2 ranked teams they have played they were blown out losses of 16 and 17 to Florida and Bama.

Iowa State 7-2 Losses to Oklahoma State and a 17 point beat down at the hands of the football juggernaut Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana-Lafayette 

Miami 8-1 loss to top 4 Clemson 42-17

Oklahoma  6-2. Losses to an unraked Kansas State and an overrated Iowa state. (See above)

Indiana 6-1 only loss to a top 4 team. Only team in country not in the top 4 to lose a 1 score game against top 4 team. Anyone that watched that game could easily say Indiana outplayed OSU. A fumble at the 2, a dropped pass by Henderson that would have been a TD. Left 11 points on the field and threw a pick 6. Still have 2 shots to tie or win. Only Clemson has played a top 4 team as close.

Indiana may not be the 5th best team , or they very well could be but  the argument can be made that they deserve to be ranked there 

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My slightly biased case that IU should be #5 or #6 in the CFP ranking. The top 4 are pretty clear IMO. That next group i think we could make an argument that Indiana is the best of that group.

Texas AM 7-1. The only game they played against the top 4 they got humiliated 52-24. Game was not even that close. 

Florida 8-1 Has not played any of the top 4 but lost 31-28 to the Team that lost by 4 touchdowns to Bama

Cincinnati 8-0. Terrible conference has not played anyone. They have beaten everyone on their schedule its not their fault but not ahead of Indiana 

Georgia 6-2 The only 2 ranked teams they have played they were blown out losses of 16 and 17 to Florida and Bama.

Iowa State 7-2 Losses to Oklahoma State and a 17 point beat down at the hands of the football juggernaut Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana-Lafayette 

Miami 8-1 loss to top 4 Clemson 42-17

Oklahoma  6-2. Losses to an unraked Kansas State and an overrated Iowa state. (See above)

Indiana 6-1 only loss to a top 4 team. Only team in country not in the top 4 to lose a 1 score game against top 4 team. Anyone that watched that game could easily say Indiana outplayed OSU. A fumble at the 2, a dropped pass by Henderson that would have been a TD. Left 11 points on the field and threw a pick 6. Still have 2 shots to tie or win. Only Clemson has played a top 4 team as close.

Indiana may not be the 5th best team , or they very well could be but  the argument can be made that they deserve to be ranked there 

all of that is certainly fair... its really a bummer we aren't sitting at like 10-1 going into this bucket game. I really think the Big Ten did Indiana a huge disservice by not starting and playing a 10 game conference schedule like they should have. 

It is what it is... but UGA should not be ahead of us. Neither should Cinci. UF and TexAM I can understand and wouldn't gripe too much. We should be no lower than 7th. But... we have to take care of business this weekend. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

all of that is certainly fair... its really a bummer we aren't sitting at like 10-1 going into this bucket game. I really think the Big Ten did Indiana a huge disservice by not starting and playing a 10 game conference schedule like they should have. 

It is what it is... but UGA should not be ahead of us. Neither should Cinci. UF and TexAM I can understand and wouldn't gripe too much. We should be no lower than 7th. But... we have to take care of business this weekend. 

A couple of those teams still have chance to lose. Just Texas AM game with Ole Miss canceled 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Couple of things shake out in the offseason the right way... next year.. I'm just saying. 

It’s almost like winning a national championship is a two season process, especially for a program without a brand name. You have to have a season good enough to get ranked high enough in the first polls of the next season so that you can be in position to move up high enough. 

10 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

It’s almost like winning a national championship is a two season process, especially for a program without a brand name. You have to have a season good enough to get ranked high enough in the first polls of the next season so that you can be in position to move up high enough. 

True. You also have to beat the best... we lost to OSU. Bottom line in my eyes. Next year, if we truly want to compete for a NC, we have to beat OSU at home. Actually... we have to beat everyone. lol 

That includes a nonconference date with Cinci. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Couple of things shake out in the offseason the right way... next year.. I'm just saying. 

To me, this is one of the most exciting parts about this season.  We aren't a senior heavy team that is getting hot at the right time.  We are still a relatively young team.  The next 2 years should still be really good, and we'll be set up great to keep going from there.

Archived