Where will we be ranked?

KDB

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Can we go back to the BCS system? I mean holy ****, Florida at SEVEN? What an absolute joke.

No thanks on BCS system. Miami beat Florida St head to head in 2000 but because the pollsters loved Bowden that put them over the hump and let FSU play Oklahoma for a title when they had zero business being there.

If Florida, Oklahoma or ISU lose,that means we should jump up 2 spots. 

Cincinnati should win. Georgia and AnM will stay for sure. 

My 2 least favorite teams are OSU because I live in Ohio and Bama because I’m a Tennessee fan too..this weekend imma be rooting for both of them to blow the doors off Florida and NW...I’m gonna be drinking Saturday early...

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Besides being too low... we're close to getting a NY6 regardless right? 

I should say.. we need one of OU or ISU to win big. 

I think all signs point to us in Fiesta because of AP/Coaches poll....but being ranked 11th makes me move up in the seat a tad more with concern.

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Besides being too low... we're close to getting a NY6 regardless right? 

I should say.. we need one of OU or ISU to win big. 

I mean, are we? If Coastal wins their conference they'll probably jump us... and if Iowa State loses to Oklahoma are we confident we'll be ahead of Iowa State? After Florida fell one spot for losing to LSU? I would think we're rooting hard for Louisiana and Iowa State.

7 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I mean, are we? If Coastal wins their conference they'll probably jump us... and if Iowa State loses to Oklahoma are we confident we'll be ahead of Iowa State? After Florida fell one spot for losing to LSU? I would think we're rooting hard for Louisiana and Iowa State.

ISU or OU should be below us no matter what after this weekend. That gives us another spot to play with. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ISU or OU should be below us no matter what after this weekend. That gives us another spot to play with. 

Oklahoma definitely would be, but I'm not confident they would move Iowa State below us.  They absolutely should if they lose, but after Florida dropping 1 spot, I don't know anymore.  Same thing with Florida.  Before tonight, I had 100% confidence that a 3 loss Florida would be behind us.  Not nearly as confident anymore.

36 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

The highest any of the 62 voters in the AP poll have Florida is 8th, and somehow the committee thinks they should be 7th.  I have no doubt we're going to get screwed out of a NY6 bowl.

They don't even try to hide the fact that the name on the front of the jersey is 75% of how they rank teams.

And we don’t have opportunity to play again before Sunday so just watch #12 Coastal Carolina beat #19 Louisianna in their championship game and jump us. Maddening as we should be well up the NY6 bowl pecking order.

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Florida drops one spot after losing but UC had dropped 2 spots the last two weeks and haven't loss.  There are 3 tow loss teams ahead if us because the name on the front of the jersey

Painful and frustrating yes....but I’m telling you guys in the eyes of the committee, a healthy Penix led IU team, we are top 10 easy....but in reality the committee most likely sees a Tuttle led team with uncertainty. This has to be a huge part of their rational..........It just Sux!

The way I see it, there are plenty of paths for us to stay in the New Years 6 bowls.  Right now, we're the last team in.

Right now, there are 14 teams for 12 spots.  The 15-18 teams don't play, so they're not jumping us.  UNC could get to 12, but we'd be ahead of them, so it doesn't really matter.

If 2 out of Northwestern, Coastal Carolina, Oklahoma, or Cincinnati lose, we're in.  Any of them lose, they'll be below us.  Any of them win, I think they'll be ahead of us.  2 losses from those teams, we're a lock.

If 3 of those teams win, it gets more complicated.  We'll need a 3 loss Florida, or a 3 loss Iowa State to drop below us.

If all 4 of those teams win, we'll need a 3 loss Florida, and a 3 loss Iowa State to both drop below us.  I don't have a lot of faith in that happening after tonight's rankings.

Archived