Where will we be ranked?

KDB

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

They obviously wrote the Ohio State piece before the games were played on Saturday, since it references 'unbeaten' Northwestern being the frontrunner in the Big Ten should Ohio State not get to play in the conference championship game. 

We should be a top ten team. we lose to a top 3 team not playing well at all and we drop 3 spots? question for the pollsters. What was it that made you rank us in the top 10 to begin with? Are defense? we had five sacks and two interceptions. Are offense we scored 35 with no run game. 

Or you never wanted to give us a top ten ranking and it was just for advertisement or hyping the game.  

54 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

We should be a top ten team. we lose to a top 3 team not playing well at all and we drop 3 spots? question for the pollsters. What was it that made you rank us in the top 10 to begin with? Are defense? we had five sacks and two interceptions. Are offense we scored 35 with no run game. 

Or you never wanted to give us a top ten ranking and it was just for advertisement or hyping the game.  

This is where those pre-season rankings come into play.  Bluntly, we weren't ranked heading into the season.

1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

I love that we're having the kind of season where being ranked 11-12 is a complaint. 

Hell, wasn't so long ago that we were #11 in the conference. 

6 minutes ago, rico said:

I would love another crack at a SEC team.

Obviously I hope we win out, but if we were to lose one more game, I would be very happy playing on New Years Day at 1:00 in Florida in Citrus Bowl. My gut feeling is if we were to lose to Wisconsin this week and beat PU and west team, this will be the destination.

38 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

A Gus Malzahn offense vs a Tom Allen defense?

Sign me the hell up. A knowledgeable college football fan would consider that mandatory viewing regardless of allegiance to either Auburn or Indiana. 

Side benefit to Indiana potentially beating Auburn in a relatively high profile game? It would make Cam Newton cry. 

9 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

A Gus Malzahn offense vs a Tom Allen defense?

Sign me the hell up. A knowledgeable college football fan would consider that mandatory viewing regardless of allegiance to either Auburn or Indiana. 

Side benefit to Indiana potentially beating Auburn in a relatively high profile game? It would make Cam Newton cry. 

My wife went to Auburn so for 16 years I’ve rooted for AU FB and she’s adopted IU basketball like a champ. All was well until a few years ago when AU hoops got good and our 10yr old sons began getting a little TOO excited about AU basketball for my taste. Time to turn the tables!!

3 hours ago, Zville Hoosier said:

My wife went to Auburn so for 16 years I’ve rooted for AU FB and she’s adopted IU basketball like a champ. All was well until a few years ago when AU hoops got good and our 10yr old sons began getting a little TOO excited about AU basketball for my taste. Time to turn the tables!!

I'm also from a split B10/SEC household. My wife went to an SEC institution for a year, and has worked there for the past 9 years. 

Your kids liking AU basketball is rough, but when half of your household income comes from UK....

13 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Of the “higher profile” sec teams I would like to play Auburn. I would take texas A&m as well.

I don’t wanna play Florida. 

Playing Auburn would be a slap in the face, imo. They have already lost 3 games, including to lowly S. Carolina and were just lambasted in their rivalry game v Alabama. 

Why sell IU short? If we are truly the 2nd best team in the B1G this year, then we should be rewarded accordingly. If we lose to Wisconsin this week, but win the rest of our games, we still should have an opponent better than Auburn.

I want Florida or A&M.  A&M already showed they don't belong on the same field with Bama. They beat Florida in a close one, so they're on about the same level.

With no common opponents this season, the only way to find out how we stack up is to play. Auburn is next tier down below Florida and A&M, and much weaker than usual.  Beating them wouldn't really demonstrate our progress as a program in my opinion. 

Really hope Penix is back for a bowl game. We have a puncher's chance anytime he lines up under center. Our program as a whole is much better, but Penix is a special talent.

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Playing Auburn would be a slap in the face, imo. They have already lost 3 games, including to lowly S. Carolina and were just lambasted in their rivalry game v Alabama. 

Why sell IU short? If we are truly the 2nd best team in the B1G this year, then we should be rewarded accordingly. If we lose to Wisconsin this week, but win the rest of our games, we still should have an opponent better than Auburn.

Auburn had a bad game against South Carolina. And got beat by Georgia and Alabama. No shame in those two. They lose to A&M they will have 4 losses but if they win out and are 7-3. That’s not a slap in the face if we go 6-2.

We win out and play an sec team it will be Florida, Georgia, or A&M in a new years 6 bowl. Which would be preferred. I just don’t like the matchup with Florida is all. I think they are gonna give bama a good game. 

Archived