Where will we be ranked?

KDB

We really shouldn't be any lower than 9th. (I put our body of work up against any other 1-loss team as well.) We just won on the road as -13.5 dogs against #16 Wisconsin who many thought were the second best team in the Big Ten.

Ohio State can't simultaneously receive credit for beating us and we get zero credit for all of our wins. 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the committee guy pointing out IU and top 25 wins:

How many of the teams Clemson has beaten this year are still ranked?
Wait for it........1

How many of the teams OSU has beaten this year are still ranked?
Wait for it........1

How many of the teams Texas AM has beaten are still ranked?

Wait for it........1

How many of the teams USC has beaten are still ranked?
Wait for it........0

How many of the teams Cincinnati has beaten are still ranked?
Wait for it........0

7 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

How many of the teams Clemson has beaten this year are still ranked?
Wait for it........1

How many of the teams OSU has beaten this year are still ranked?
Wait for it........1

How many of the teams Texas AM has beaten are still ranked?

Wait for it........1

IU Must fail the Logo ($$$$) .. I mean eye test. 

Lol there's no reason UGA, ISU, OU, Cincinnati, and Miami are ahead of us.  Zero reason.  

Also.. UW not being ranked and Missouri being ranked is laughable.  

I blame this on Kevin Warren though.  We should have played either a 10 game schedule when the SEC started or 8 game schedule with built in breaks to make up for loss weeks. 

Actually... now that I think about it... the committee did us a huge favor. CTA has even more ammunition for motivation. 

As Micah McFadden said last night "tell us when and where".. and he isn't showing up for a football game, he's showing up for a fist fight and bringing a whole bunch of bad dudes with him. 

With our game this weekend cancelled, it worries me what might happen to our CFP ranking.  I wouldn't be surprised if the committee moves teams past us.  Coastal Carolina, Northwestern, USC, and Iowa specifically.  If Iowa beats Wisconsin, would anybody really be surprised if they moved ahead of us?  There's no way they should, but there's no way they should be within 4 spots of us right now.

USC isn't a big deal since the PAC 12 gets a NY6 bowl anyways.  They'd get it if they were ahead of us or behind us.  If they lose, the next best team won't catch us in rankings.

I think we'd need to be top 10 to guarantee a NY6 bowl.  A PAC 12 team and a group of 5 team could be lower and take the #11 and #12 spots.  With Cincinnati ahead of us, we'd only need to be top 11.  There are some head to head games ahead of us, so hopefully they move us up when one of those teams loses.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

With our game this weekend cancelled, it worries me what might happen to our CFP ranking.  I wouldn't be surprised if the committee moves teams past us.  Coastal Carolina, Northwestern, USC, and Iowa specifically.  If Iowa beats Wisconsin, would anybody really be surprised if they moved ahead of us?  There's no way they should, but there's no way they should be within 4 spots of us right now.

USC isn't a big deal since the PAC 12 gets a NY6 bowl anyways.  They'd get it if they were ahead of us or behind us.  If they lose, the next best team won't catch us in rankings.

I think we'd need to be top 10 to guarantee a NY6 bowl.  A PAC 12 team and a group of 5 team could be lower and take the #11 and #12 spots.  With Cincinnati ahead of us, we'd only need to be top 11.  There are some head to head games ahead of us, so hopefully they move us up when one of those teams loses.

I wondered about this as well. I'm still shocked IU wasn't ranked in top 10 this week. I still think if IU wins crossover game they would get NY6 Fiesta Bowl, but it wouldn't shock me if IU landed in Citrus Bowl either.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

We need to play Iowa. And we should get that at home since we have only had 3 home games... doubt that matters, but we should. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

We need to play Iowa. And we should get that at home since we have only had 3 home games... doubt that matters, but we should. 

Do you think it will matter if IU gets PU or Iowa if Wisconsin beats Iowa this weekend? If Iowa beats WI I think it would help IU for sure...just not sure if WI wins.

Archived