Where will we be ranked?

KDB

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

There should be an investigation if we aren't.

If IU is not top ten and doesn't get NY6 bowl it is BS. How can they justify O$U getting in the playoffs with missing 3 games due to COVID but punish IU for missing 2 games (potentially) due to COVID? I just want them to be consistent.

39 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I predict 13, not to be a Debbie downer, but the CFP committee disrespects us

Nah...I don't think IU will fall and I would be beyond shocked if they aren't ranked at least 11. There is no way Miami can be ranked higher at this point. But you are right that the CFP has disrespected the Hoosiers thus far.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm going back and forth between 10th and 11th.  Nobody behind us deserves to pass us, and I think they'll drop Florida below us, but I don't trust them to.  In the other polls, they're right around that Georgia, Oklahoma, Coastal Carolina group, so not sure where they'll be.

What is your guess as to bowl game? Most seem to think Fiesta if IU gets a NY6 game, although I did see someone had Hoosiers in the Cotton Bowl vs Oklahoma. Is Citrus most likely destination if IU gets snubbed from NY6?

4 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

What is your guess as to bowl game? Most seem to think Fiesta if IU gets a NY6 game, although I did see someone had Hoosiers in the Cotton Bowl vs Oklahoma. Is Citrus most likely destination if IU gets snubbed from NY6?

I don't know if there will be any NY6 bowls with a tie-in this year.  The 3 bowls that have conference tie-ins are the Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, and Orange Bowl.  The first two are the CFP games, and the Orange Bowl's tie-ins are with the ACC and the B1G, SEC, or ND.  The ACC and B1G/SEC/ND will probably have a team in the CFP.  Once a team from that conference is in the CFP, the Orange Bowl doesn't have to take a team from that conference, but from what I'm reading, the Orange Bowl usually selects the highest ranked SEC or B1G team not in the CFP as long as they were qualified for a NY6 bowl.  I think that's why we're not showing up in Orange Bowl selections since that would be Texas A&M at this point.

From what I'm gathering, after that, the choices go by best match ups and geography.  We're obviously not close to any of the sites, so not sure why we're projected for the Fiesta Bowl a lot.  Most of the other teams are from the south, so I would guess they go by what they're closest to and we get the leftover game since we're not close to anything?

I haven't looked outside of the NY6 games.  Putting all my eggs in that basket!

Archived