Where will we be ranked?

KDB

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

As long as we win 2 of the next 3, we should be at least top 20. Finish ranked, and go into the offseason on all the top 25 lists for next season. That wouldn't hurt recruiting!

What I think is the most promising aspect of Indiana's rise is that it has been gradual and steady.  It's not Kentucky of a few years ago or Minnesota of last year.

Brohm was a flash-in-the-pan his first year at Purdue, but they've been struggling since.  Still may turn out to be solid the next couple years, but the jury is definitely still out.

Minnesota had a great year last year, but it was a foundation built on sand.

Contrast those teams/coaches with IU and Allen, and we've been building the entire team solidly and gradually, and our recruiting keeps improving every year.

With the way the traditional powers in the Big Ten East are struggling, IU has a perfect opportunity to cement a position as second best in the East division, and if we can start to get in the kind of talent Michigan is pulling in currently over the next 5 years, IU has a very decent shot at contending with/beating OSU on a regular basis.  

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, because I think there is still years of building to do, and it's not going to happen overnight, but I truly see Allen as capable of building a perennial top ten program that is more often than not in contention for the CFP, or at least a NY6 bowl game over the next 5-10 years.  At least, that's where I see the current trajectory.

This season is going to do wonders for our recruiting, though, no doubt about it.

And I just want add, Allen's teams are just so mentally tough.  

8 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

What I think is the most promising aspect of Indiana's rise is that it has been gradual and steady.  It's not Kentucky of a few years ago or Minnesota of last year.

Brohm was a flash-in-the-pan his first year at Purdue, but they've been struggling since.  Still may turn out to be solid the next couple years, but the jury is definitely still out.

Minnesota had a great year last year, but it was a foundation built on sand.

Contrast those teams/coaches with IU and Allen, and we've been building the entire team solidly and gradually, and our recruiting keeps improving every year.

With the way the traditional powers in the Big Ten East are struggling, IU has a perfect opportunity to cement a position as second best in the East division, and if we can start to get in the kind of talent Michigan is pulling in currently over the next 5 years, IU has a very decent shot at contending with/beating OSU on a regular basis.  

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, because I think there is still years of building to do, and it's not going to happen overnight, but I truly see Allen as capable of building a perennial top ten program that is more often than not in contention for the CFP, or at least a NY6 bowl game over the next 5-10 years.  At least, that's where I see the current trajectory.

This season is going to do wonders for our recruiting, though, no doubt about it.

And I just want add, Allen's teams are just so mentally tough.  

100% agree!

I think another big part of his success is that he can look critically at himself and change if needed.  He looks for his own weaknesses and tries to improve on them.  Most coaches are so arrogant they think if something isn't working, it is someone else's fault.

Archived