Arizona Level 1 Violations

hoosierfan34

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I think this whole FBI scandal kind of unfortunately proves that recruits don’t care. Either they know how widespread cheating is and don’t care that a few coaches got caught, or simply that wins and losses trumps everything else. 

You’re exactly right. 

7 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I think this whole FBI scandal kind of unfortunately proves that recruits don’t care. Either they know how widespread cheating is and don’t care that a few coaches got caught, or simply that wins and losses trumps everything else. 

As long as the check clears.

I’d say 50% of kids going to power 5 schools are there with the thought of getting to the nba (whether they have a shot or not). A postseason ban won’t stop them from going to the nba. Those there to be successful and win and more so for the team then themselves don’t go to schools like Arizona or UNC. Honestly the only thing you can do is suspend the coach for a year or shut the program down for a year. Not playing is the only thing that will get kids attention. That and removing coaches.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I’d say 50% of kids going to power 5 schools are there with the thought of getting to the nba (whether they have a shot or not). A postseason ban won’t stop them from going to the nba. Those there to be successful and win and more so for the team then themselves don’t go to schools like Arizona or UNC. Honestly the only thing you can do is suspend the coach for a year or shut the program down for a year. Not playing is the only thing that will get kids attention. That and removing coaches.

Yep.  I agree.  I also believe that winning the NCAA tournament, while exciting and fun, doesn't hold the same importance for kids today that it did twenty years ago.  Just one old guy's opinion... and likely not everyone's.   😊  And that's cool.

Archived