Inside the locker room

I wasn't a fan of Allen after his first couple seasons and thought we had settled for another cheap coach. But he won me over last season, and after Saturday's game I found myself thinking that it's like Hep is back from the dead. 

Allen definitely has the personality to be an effective recruiter. I think being IU and in the East division will be more of an obstacle than anything he does or says. 

7 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So watching IU football in their locker room after a game was awesome. I’ve seen the football team do that quite a bit and you get to see how the players love and respect their coach. I know Archie is mostly all business but don’t you think videos like that makes recruits want to come to IU?

Certainly there are kids that will be drawn to that.  But, others have a mire reserved personality and that kind of thing won't be a factor in where they choose to play.  We had that with basketball when Crean was here, but it did not help take us to the next level.  I agree that Archie's personality may not be for everyone.  But, you can't get every recruit anyway.  Get the guys that are a good fit for the coach and the program, and good things usually happen.

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Certainly there are kids that will be drawn to that.  But, others have a mire reserved personality and that kind of thing won't be a factor in where they choose to play.  We had that with basketball when Crean was here, but it did not help take us to the next level.  I agree that Archie's personality may not be for everyone.  But, you can't get every recruit anyway.  Get the guys that are a good fit for the coach and the program, and good things usually happen.

I definitely don’t disagree

Archived