How often do you floss....

milehiiu

21 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Being married to a dentist, let me say I'm closer to @IUFLAthan @tdhoosier 😁

Remember, it helps you live longer! https://www.verywellhealth.com/simple-steps-to-increase-your-life-expectancy-2223907

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/articles/2016-08-02/flossing-doesnt-actually-work-investigation-concludes

JK. Although I wish this to be true, i'm going to go with many of the other studies that say the contrary. 

It's not only COVID that gets the conflicting studies. haha. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

https://health.usnews.com/wellness/articles/2016-08-02/flossing-doesnt-actually-work-investigation-concludes

JK. Although I wish this to be true, i'm going to go with many of the other studies that say the contrary. 

It's not only COVID that gets the conflicting studies. haha. 

Flossing can cause COVID.  And if you bleed to death from cutting your gums while flossing, it gets recorded as a COVID death.

Our dentist, here  in Colorado... who ironically was a God Son of one of my uncle's back in Merriville, Indiana.  Went to Andrean High School.  And got his degree in dentistry.... from IU.....Indiana University School of Dentistry

Insists on flossing daily.  I have to admit.... I only floss when food gets caught in my teeth.   On the other hand.  Mrs. mile flosses as least once a day.. and always comes home with honors after her regularly scheduled visit to our dentist.

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Funny you bring this subject up. If pre-Covid times I'd say once a month max. During Covid and now....I floss daily. Scary the fumes that are released from our gums plus the blood but feel like I'm getting better each month. 

Stay safe,  my man.  And continue to do things that are important during this pandemic.

Seeking 6... looking to making his name Seeking 7.  Oh yeah.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Just went to the dendist a couple of weeks ago

Hopefully it turned out good for you. 

mrflynn.... get in there twice a year.  Or other times if you suspect a problem.  At the beginning of the pandemic.... my dentist... who I mentioned above got his degree from IU.... closed his office.... except for emergencies.   I am pleased that this thread has served as a reminder for you and perhaps others to check in with your dentists.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Been about 6 or 7 years for me. I think about making an appointment from time to time then forget. Should write it down I guess. 

I went earlier this year after not going for 8 years. I had 7 cavities that were all between teeth. I never flossed between my molars because it was too hard to reach. My dentist recommended these:

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Screenshot_20201027-154128.thumb.png.8055dddcfdb47cba7aa06e3b330ad6c5.png

The upside was that my other teeth were clean enough, they felt I could get away with coming in once a year as long as I floss often. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Been about 6 or 7 years for me. I think about making an appointment from time to time then forget. Should write it down I guess. 

Good luck.  I once failed to see a dentist for a similar amount of time.  When I finally went...whew-eee, the hygienist read me the riot act.  She couldn't come close to finish cleaning my teeth because my gums bled so much.  Hopefully you have really great teeth and gums.  The question that hygienist put to me was real clear.  Do you want to keep your teeth?  Then start taking care of them!  

• Like 1