WS - missed opportunities

snowling

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

84 Cubs. My biggest complaint as a missed opportunity. 

Yep...

And I'm thinking you're too young to remember, but August-September of 1969 was like taking a band aid off of a scab 1 millimeter per day for a month while dabbing it with mercurochrome...

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yep...

And I'm thinking you're too young to remember, but August-September of 1969 was like taking a band aid off of a scab 1 millimeter per day for a month while dabbing it with mercurochrome...

Know the stories. Just before my time but plenty of family so while I didn't live it....I can feel it. 

• 4 weeks later...

One of the biggest missed WS opportunities was in a year where there wasn't one: the 1994 Expos. 

This team was as stacked as they come. Moises Alou. Larry Walker. Marquis Grissom. Cliff Floyd. Pedro. Ken Hill. John Wetteland. Mel Rojas. 

They were a mile ahead of anyone in the NL and the lockout hit. 

And to finish off my thought on this...

My seething hate for the Mets comes in 3 distinct versions...

The "Miracle Mets" 🤮🤮🤮

The Ya Gotta Believe" Mets (with the obnoxious a-hole they kept showing on TV with the sign with that slogan) 🤢

And the "Cocaine Addled Mets of 86" that still managed to beat the Red Sox in 7 games despite all being degenerates and blow hounds...

As much as it galls me to say it, I rooted for the friggin Yankees when they played the Mets in the WS...

Archived