Zero Problems

btownqb

With Nick Sheridan's first game. His OL was being demolished, and his star QB was horrendous for 58 minutes, plus first game of the year. There's literally only so many plays you can call at that point. We didn't execute. 

The only time I was frustrated was when we got the ball with like 445 to go and we ran on first down. Only time all game I was upset at all. I think you piss on the time right there, you weren't going to sustain a 4 minute drive on Penn State and put the game away, so lets just go score. 

At one point in the second quarter Scott was 10 carries for 47 yards, so I'm not sure what happened after that, but we were running it well in the 2nd quarter. 

Penix missed a deep ball to Whop on the 2nd drive, play has to be made. We're in FG range at that point. He also missed Fryfogle twice at the 5 yard line on the drive we got our first FG. Those were probably going to be TDs. That's not coaching, that's execution. Big difference. 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I wondered why Sampson James didn't get more playing time. A little quicker than Scott and may have provided a nice change of pace.

I assume they didn't trust him in pass protection situations. But yes, sort of puzzling, as well. I thought Sampson looked very good in the one run, oddly enough it was only for 3 yards. 

I will say... when Stevie broke that 15 or so yard run and met that dude at the 3 yard line, I was about a 6pk deep at that point, and I yelled run that f***** over and he did just that. LOVED IT. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I assume they didn't trust him in pass protection situations. But yes, sort of puzzling, as well. I thought Sampson looked very good in the one run, oddly enough it was only for 3 yards. 

I will say... when Stevie broke that 15 or yard run and met that dude at the 3 yard line, I was about a 6pk deep at that point, and I yelled run that f***** over and he did just that. LOVED IT. 

I was in about the same state and yelled truck that mf'er. Love his physical style. Let em know these Hoosiers aren't pushovers!

Given the circumstances, I think Sheridan did a great job.  He had guys in positions to make plays.  Penix finally had the light turn on for that last drive and I LOVE the fact that the coaches went for 2.  I’m looking forward to seeing how our offense handles a less talented team in Rutgers.

23 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Given the circumstances, I think Sheridan did a great job.  He had guys in positions to make plays.  Penix finally had the light turn on for that last drive and I LOVE the fact that the coaches went for 2.  I’m looking forward to seeing how our offense handles a less talented team in Rutgers.

Oh yes. As soon as Whop caught it.. didn't need the replay to tell me he caught it either, I said you have to go for 2. 

We'd already proven for 60 minutes and one OT period that we could play with them.. now go beat them. Loved it. 

My only issues were a few bland 1st down calls in the 1st quarter, and I wish we would have had Penix move more.  I get the injury concern, but Penix isn't Penix if he can't use his feet.  I think in a close game, we have to take that risk a little bit.  Not 10 rushes a game, but 3 or 4 could make a big difference in the game.

Otherwise, I really didn't have issues with it.  If Penix hits his normal throws, things would have looked a lot better.

Archived