Hot seat coaches for 2020

Miller likely wasn’t on the hot seat anyway, but he’s definitely not now that we’re in the COVID era.  No one’s going to hold this screwed up season against him, and expectations for the program are just different now.  He’ll get plenty of time as long as he can just finish in the top half of the conference and make the tournament consistently.

23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'll put it like this.  I don't care how strong the conference is this year.  If this team finishes 9th or worse, it's hot.  

7 or 8 and he will keep getting mentioned on these lists as honorable mention.  

What if there is a 8 way tie for 2nd place which could mean a 8 way tie for 9th.  I have seen a lot of 5th and 6th place finsih and I think that is where we will be.

1) Iowa

2) UW

3) UI

4) MSU

5) IU

6) UM

7) Rutgers

8 OSU

9) Purdue

10) Maryland

11) NW

12) Minnesota

13) PSU

14) Nebraska

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

What if there is a 8 way tie for 2nd place which could mean a 8 way tie for 9th.  I have seen a lot of 5th and 6th place finsih and I think that is where we will be.

1) Iowa

2) UW

3) UI

4) MSU

5) IU

6) UM

7) Rutgers

8 OSU

9) Purdue

10) Maryland

11) NW

12) Minnesota

13) PSU

14) Nebraska

An 8 way tie for second doesn't mean an 8 way tie for 9th, that's not how that works at all. 

1) Iowa

2) UW

3) UI

4) MSU

5) IU

6) UM

7) Rutgers

8 OSU

9) Purdue

10) Maryland

11) NW

12) Minnesota

13) PSU

14) Nebraska

That would buy some equity but honestly the whispers and mentions wouldn't disappear.  

1) Iowa

2) UW

3) UI

4) MSU

5) IU

6) UM

7) Rutgers

8 OSU

9) Purdue

10) Maryland

11) NW

12) Minnesota

13) PSU

14) Nebraska

You tell him @KoB2011

tenor (2).gif

On 10/30/2020 at 7:22 PM, IU Scott said:

Say the top team finished 12-8 then a tie of 8 teams at 10-10. The next team finished 6-10 what place would they be.  If those 8 are considered 2nd place the next team be 3rd.  To me that team would be 10th place to me

The 6-10 team would be 10th. The positions 3-9 would only be seeding in the B1GT but the standings would jump from 2nd to 10th.

Archived