And the already weak West division continues to crumble in Purdue’s path.

eddy4iu

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I've already braced myself for Purdue reaching the Big Ten title game. If they get there without having to play Wisconsin, hopefully most people would see through it and not see it as some tremendous accomplishment. 

Don't sell Northwestern short.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I've already braced myself for Purdue reaching the Big Ten title game. If they get there without having to play Wisconsin, hopefully most people would see through it and not see it as some tremendous accomplishment. 

Not quite to the point of bracing myself yet.

I did expect them to be decent this year, including before Covid spun the season into a mess. 

Even without playing the top dogs , I feel like they could fare decent against top East teams since they're capable of explosive scoring plays in a short span. Their D also seems to come up with timely plays and game changing TOs are a key upset ingredient.  

They can only play the teams scheduled, though so even while agreeing with you that it would not be absolutely spectacular,  I'd tip my hat if they actually won the West.

43 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Not quite to the point of bracing myself yet.

I did expect them to be decent this year, including before Covid spun the season into a mess. 

Even without playing the top dogs , I feel like they could fare decent against top East teams since they're capable of explosive scoring plays in a short span. Their D also seems to come up with timely plays and game changing TOs are a key upset ingredient.  

They can only play the teams scheduled, though so even while agreeing with you that it would not be absolutely spectacular,  I'd tip my hat if they actually won the West.

I said it in another thread. The team that handles Covid best this year might just find themselves playing for a championship. You make your own luck.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Never doubt their talent. They aren't like the rest of the teams in the conference. Ok I get they could get 97 cases of Covid... but I dont worry about the unforeseen. 

But that’s my whole point. How they deal with the unseen (virus) might determine who plays in the B1G championship. By worrying and being careful might be the biggest thing they do in trying to go to the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t worry, something will happen that will impact Purdue. Only a matter of time haha. 

I’d be very surprised if we play Wisconsin next week though. 

Yep...this is why the B1G made a huge mistake with their schedule! They should have left a bye week because something like this happening was inevitable. Really dumb waiting so long to start the season.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep...this is why the B1G made a huge mistake with their schedule! They should have left a bye week because something like this happening was inevitable. Really dumb waiting so long to start the season.

If there were no CFP then I could have envisioned a B1G bye week or a  "make-up game grace period" after the scheduled games in this COVID gutted year.

Not that I know,  nor have a clue  how they arrived at the decision to do it this way, but I can picture big time executives from the B1G, CFP, and OSU meeting and the talk being about minimum to get Ohio State a chance at making it in . Lol 

While I'm on this subject of postseason -  does anyone else worry that(without a top tier record)  there might not be enough bowls for IU to get the nod over a more traditionally powerful program if too many bowls close down?  Apologies if it is elsewhere, but  I just saw where the Holiday Bowl aren't having a game.

I wonder which other sponsors might perceive a deteriorating situation and be too unwilling to risk the potential perception of their company name tied to promoting a risk of infection.

Archived