Rutgers Game Thread

KDB

5 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

It might be a good football play with what they did.  But, you have a NFL arm at qb, why not allow him a play or two?  Maybe, just me who thinks that way.

We get the ball coming out of the half. Powells holding call sucked... he didn't need to do that. Good cut by Scott (finally). 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

This is why I like to defer to the second half so we can get the first possession of the second half.  I think this possession is key becaus if we can go down and score it might stop Rutgers from thinking they are still in the game.

I felt that IU started the game out too pumped.  Particularly Penix.  Then settled down in the second quarter.... and started playing some good FB..   I agree with you... IU needs to start the second half the way they finished the first half. 

I probably won't be able to watch much of the 2nd half live, but my keys for the 2nd half.  If we do these things, we should win.

1. DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER.  Rutgers is going to have a real hard time driving the ball 75 yards twice for touchdowns.  They only had 60 total yards in the 1st half.  Their last 5 possessions gained a grand total of 0 yards, and they turned it over twice.  We can't give them short fields.
  2. Be more creative with the run game.  The Rutgers DL is solid, and they know we're just running right at them.  It isn't working.  We've broke 3 long runs for a combined 63 yards.  On our other 17 runs (not counting sacks), we have 23 yards.  Please stop running up the middle all the time.  That is crap DeBord would do.

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Crap you beat me to it..... Now I we need to root for Penn St. to beat The bucks....That makes us look so much better....💪🏼

Yay! He said it, but respectfully disagree.

Don’t get me wrong. Defense has been really impressive and should be pitching a shutout. However this is the second game in a row that the O-line has been underwhelming. They’ve gotten very little push. Scott has one good run and Penix the draw. Other than that, nothing. Certainly not last year’s running game. They have pass pro’d better and Penix has looked sharper as a result. But until we can exert our will by a power running game, I don’t see us beating the likes of Michigan 

Archived