Rutgers Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

At least I will really remember this time. 

What I remember about that game was it was pouring down rain the whole game.  Also No kept complaining about the crowd being to loud when they had the ball.  Back then if the refs thinks the offense is disrupting the offense they can give you a warning or a penalty.

The main thing I remember having to listen to the game because it wasn't on TV

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

FWIW I loved the decision at the end of the half. Ball at our own 20... no TOs, we get the ball at the start of the fake half... you take knees there every time.  

Well if that long run on first down had not been called back we probably could have at least gotten a FG

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I was alive for neither

I don’t remember much IU football growing up. Mostly Notre Dame obviously with how good they were. My IU hero was Anthony Thompson...before him and that team I didn’t even know IU played football...I thought only basketball. No seriously...it was IU basketball growing up in the 80s and 90s and Notre Dame football. Glad to see IU take this step.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t remember much IU football growing up. Mostly Notre Dame obviously with how good they were. My IU hero was Anthony Thompson...before him and that team I didn’t even know IU played football...I thought only basketball. No seriously...it was IU basketball growing up in the 80s and 90s and Notre Dame football. Glad to see IU take this step.

1979 my young friend.

Only thing that annoyed me was not try to convert the 3rd down without about 6 minutes left. Yeah I get there is risk but they went and scored anyway.  We were moving the ball on the ground and in the air at the time. I guess it's just my philosophy but you dont take the foot off the gas. 

And selfishness, I wanted 6 more. 

Also, really dont want schiano at Rutgers. Doubt he will leave again and he's dangerous.  RU has obviously improved from last year. And he did that with alot of limitations.

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Only thing that annoyed me was not try to convert the 3rd down without about 6 minutes left. Yeah I get there is risk but they went and scored anyway.  We were moving the ball on the ground and in the air at the time. I guess it's just my philosophy but you dont take the foot off the gas. 

And selfishness, I wanted 6 more. 

Also, really dont want schiano at Rutgers. Doubt he will leave again and he's dangerous.  RU has obviously improved from last year. And he did that with alot of limitations.

Agree, this is a pattern that as a fan I would like to see changed.  Again, I have no idea if that is a good football move.  For the past few years it seems teams make their move on IU when they start pumping brakes.  I don't see OSU doing that.....they put point on the board with the thought it helps with rankings.  Why does IU play conservative when anything can happen in a game?

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Agree, this is a pattern that as a fan I would like to see changed.  Again, I have no idea if that is a good football move.  For the past few years it seems teams make their move on IU when they start pumping brakes.  I don't see OSU doing that.....they put point on the board with the thought it helps with rankings.  Why does IU play conservative when anything can happen in a game?

Because the defense is LEGIT. You dont continously expose them. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Because the defense is LEGIT. You dont continously expose them. 

Okay, I get that philosophy.  But, how do you expose them by trying to go down the field instead of 3 and out?  Regardless, your going to punt if incomplete or you don't run for a first down.  It seems that IU ends up punting more times than not.  

Archived