Missing out on a recruit

loviubb

Do you feel bad for the loss or the program it self? I feel as last year their were 3 Treys offered to IU . We got 1 of the 3. WE GOT THE 1 THAT WANTED TO BE  AT IU. He will be the one that we will remember not the 2 that did not want to be here. Sure he was not as highly ranked as the other 2 But when CAM WANTS TO SHUT DOWN the  Trey's that went else where IU'S Trey will be there

It' silly that we act the way we do.  That's why I don't really follow recruiting.  I was very involved in the Kaufman thread because of the personal connection. Most of the other recruiting threads, I've historically avoided.   I'll never fall into that trap of getting involved again.   Trey didn't go to UK for money, Kansas for a car, or UNC for fake classes.  Yes, he went to our rival.  Agree fully with your point that IU fans should forget about it and hope that IU sends a message by beating Purdue 10 straight times over the next 5 years.  But, don't call these kids out and call them 'weak'. What's weak is anonymously saying those types of things about a high school kid who made a personal life decision on a message board.  

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It' silly that we act the way we do.  That's why I don't really follow recruiting.  I was very involved in the Kaufman thread because of the personal connection. Most of the other recruiting threads, I've historically avoided.   I'll never fall into that trap of getting involved again.   Trey didn't go to UK for money, Kansas for a car, or UNC for fake classes.  Yes, he went to our rival.  Agree fully with your point that IU fans should forget about it and hope that IU sends a message by beating Purdue 10 straight times over the next 5 years.  But, don't call these kids out and call them 'weak'. What's weak is anonymously saying those types of things about a high school kid who made a personal life decision on a message board.  

That is directed at me.  I did not call the kid weak.  I said taping the announcement and the way it was handled was weak sauce.

You have a personal connection to him in some way so you are probably taking this more personally than anyone else.  I think that taping an announcement a night early when all you have to do is say "I pick Purdue" on the date you designated as "The Announcement" and then flipping out when it gets leaked is weak.  Sorry.  It was not handled well from where I sit.

From all accounts he is supposed to be a good kid and a good ball player, but when these kids open themselves up publically like this, and these big occasion announcements are definitely that, they also open themselves up to criticism in how they handle them.  That's all.

FWIW, you are mainly echoing my thoughts on this with the whole "I am staying out of these" thing.  There is a reason for that.  I think the hype around these sucks all around.  The "My Top 15" lists on Twitter and people like Rabjohns harassing kids to try and get any bit of info out of them, the whole process sucks.

Sorry if you feel I insulted your friend, family member, or whatever.

Archived