Michigan

btownqb

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I havenā€™t seen any lines yet but I would imagine Michigan would be something like -6.5. Regardless of ranking, I canā€™t imagine us being the favorite.Ā Ā Cool to see though. Hope we kick their butt.Ā 

Agree with your assessment.Ā  My Wolverine friend from Grand Rapids is coming down to watch the game with me.Ā  I told him last night UM would be favored by a TD. He thought it would be the other way around.Ā 

His brother was watching our gameĀ  and said he wants Tom Allen as Michigan's coach.Ā 

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Michigan is going to be pissed.Ā  We may have been better off if they had won yesterday.Ā  Unless Harbaugh is losing the team, we will likely get their best shot.

Right now, Michigan is a vulnerable team on both sides of the ball.Ā  Sparty laid the ground plans on exploiting the Wolves weaknesses.Ā  The QB is not mobile and makes bad decisions under duress.Ā  Add to it Harbaugh had him throwing way too much.Ā  Defensively, Michigan's secondary is too "touchy, feely" and susceptible to long routes.Ā  Sparty burnt them time and time again on the corners either with completions or PI calls.

Now I fully expect Jim to change his offensive play calling...but I don't know what he can do with his secondary.

Been wanting to be on the right side of Michigan for years. Can't wait for this one. As others have said. We either get a Michigan team that is ticked or we get a team that is just lost. I watched a little of their game yesterday. Nothing they have or did shows me we can't beat them.

I would like to beat MichiganĀ  perhaps more than any other big ten team left on our schedule...(ok maybe tied with PU). I believe these next two games will be huge for this season and program. If IU can somehow beat the two Michigan teams (and I think they can) and head into the O$U game 4-0 and potentially ranked in top 10 for big time national game that has to be a giant boost for future recruiting.

Yes, Michigan might be pissed, but they are down and flawed, not to mention all the heat Harbaugh has on him right now...lU needs to step on their throat and put an exclamation point on PSU win to show they are here to stay and be reckoned with. Let's go Hoosiers!

2 hours ago, rico said:

The QB is not mobile and makes bad decisions under duress.

I haven't watched much of Michigan this year, and this was my biggest question.Ā  We struggle against a mobile QB, so if he's a pocket passer who makes bad decisions, that is huge for us.Ā  With our lockdown corners, we've been able to blitz a lotĀ to get extra pressure.

12 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

If IU can somehow beat the two Michigan teams (and I think they can) and head into the O$U game 4-0 and potentially ranked in top 10 for big time national game that has to be a giant boost for future recruiting.

If we are able to win the next two, there would beĀ a prettyĀ good chance of having College Gameday at the OSU game.

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Michigan is going to be pissed.Ā  We may have been better off if they had won yesterday.Ā  Unless Harbaugh is losing the team, we will likely get their best shot.

Not to say that you're wrong, but if they were going to get pissed, it seems the second half of the game yesterday was the time for it - and it didn't seem to matter. It would be one thing if they lost because of some turnovers or the occasional freak play, but they were just consistently outplayed.Ā 

I haven't seen enough of us to know if we are as good as our ranking (though, we certainly earned our ranking either way), but if we are a legit top 15 team, I very much like our chances against Michigan.

11 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Not to say that you're wrong, but if they were going to get pissed, it seems the second half of the game yesterday was the time for it - and it didn't seem to matter. It would be one thing if they lost because of some turnovers or the occasional freak play, but they were just consistently outplayed.Ā 

I haven't seen enough of us to know if we are as good as our ranking (though, we certainly earned our ranking either way), but if we are a legit top 15 team, I very much like our chances against Michigan.

I honestly feel a little eerie about this game with Michigan, they will be hungry after an embarrassing loss to MSU, especially being an 24 point favoriteĀ 

I'm not sure how much better Michigan can do than Harbaugh. He had the alumni connection, success at another Power-5 program, and NFL success. It kind of baffles me that Michigan doesn't recruit better than they do. It kind of reminds me of our basketball program. All the resources and support a coach could ask for, yet they barely crack the top 20 in most recruiting services.Ā 

Iā€™m reading a Michigan message board.. Title of thread was, ā€œWe will beat Indiana this week.ā€ .. 80% of the replies are people having no confidence and thinking that we will win, talking about how bad their defense is and one said their secondary is MAC level talent.

Archived