Michigan

btownqb

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm not sure how much better Michigan can do than Harbaugh. He had the alumni connection, success at another Power-5 program, and NFL success. It kind of baffles me that Michigan doesn't recruit better than they do. It kind of reminds me of our basketball program. All the resources and support a coach could ask for, yet they barely crack the top 20 in most recruiting services. 

His recruiting has actually been pretty good (but not Alabama/Clemson good) which makes some of their fans even more frustrated with the results. Per rivals their national recruiting rankings since 2016 have been 4th, 4th, 24th, 10th, 11th.

I always have to say that I don't know diddly squat about football.  But what invariably worries me is Michigan physically overwhelming us with their depth.  It's just so many years of them having better players and more of them.  And seeing them dominate IU.  Yes, we have played them better, closer over the last ten years, let's say, but we haven't won.  I'm hopeful that this year, with Penix and what seems to be a better defense, we will win.  But it's difficult to think of us as favorites with so many years of being bullied by them.  I expect them to run the ball right at us.  Hope we're up to the challenge.  Again...I know zippo, nada, zilch...diddly squat.   😂

Archived