Michigan

btownqb

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We are 13th in the B1G in total offense, and dead last in rushing offense.

The O-line has to be better.

On defense, we have thrived by getting turnovers. I hope that continues this week but can't count on it.

I don't care about any of that...I surmise Michigan will change their offensive scheme.  Hell, they threw the ball 51 times last week.  I expect a heavy dose of them running the ball straight at us.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't care about any of that...I surmise Michigan will change their offensive scheme.  Hell, they threw the ball 51 times last week.  I expect a heavy dose of them running the ball straight at us.

i would care about being so poor on offense. If we can't sustain drives, and control the time of possession, the defense is going to get pounded...as you point out.

Our O-line play has been pathetic this year, and it shows in the stats. They were some better last week in pass protection, but the run game, with Scott and James, has done nothing. We can't be one dimensional, and can't rely on the defense to produce 3 turnovers every game to produce field position.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

i would care about being so poor on offense. If we can't sustain drives, and control the time of possession, the defense is going to get pounded...as you point out.

Our O-line play has been pathetic this year, and it shows in the stats. They were some better last week in pass protection, but the run game, with Scott and James, has done nothing. We can't be one dimensional, and can't rely on the defense to produce 3 turnovers every game to produce field position.

We will toss the ball around and get Penix more involved in the running game.  

40 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not the recipe for ball control. To win this game, we will have to shorten the game. Gonna have to win the time of possession. If we can't run it, the Michigan defense will take away what you suggest.

I understand the idea of making the game shorter by running, it's just hard to envision.  But some of that is many years of watching IU football trying to stand and compete with the big boys.  Our O-line doesn't appear to be our strength, but maybe they'll fool me.  Hope so.  😊  GO HOOSIERS!!

46 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not the recipe for ball control. To win this game, we will have to shorten the game. Gonna have to win the time of possession. If we can't run it, the Michigan defense will take away what you suggest.

You can use a short passing game to emulate the run.  Once again, I worry about our "D" stopping the Wolves running game(if they chose to go that route).  And time of possession is a non factor if you get timely turnovers.

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

I understand the idea of making the game shorter by running, it's just hard to envision.  But some of that is many years of watching IU football trying to stand and compete with the big boys.  Our O-line doesn't appear to be our strength, but maybe they'll fool me.  Hope so.  😊  GO HOOSIERS!!

You play to your strengths...and in this case, it is the opponent's weakness.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

You play to your strengths...and in this case, it is the opponent's weakness.

I agree...and that starts with Penix and our receivers, IMO.  And our defense has to play tough.  We aren't going to consistently run on Michigan, IMO, but selectively, with good play calling, we could keep some drives moving.  Let's face it...we just have to play tough, smart football... and make a few big plays.   😊

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We are 13th in the B1G in total offense, and dead last in rushing offense.

The O-line has to be better.

On defense, we have thrived by getting turnovers. I hope that continues this week but can't count on 

We also avg 36.5 points. I'll take that on Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Yes, though this one is probably more likely. I don’t think he goes back to the NFL, but it is possible 

Um fans.. just like IUBB fans need to take a chill pill. Neither program is elite.  

UM is consistently a top 15-20 team though.  

27 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I saw we are wearing military jerseys Saturday, any thoughts? 

I like the idea of mixing the jerseys up. I have to see the jerseys actually on to have an opinion. Our red might look a little awkward with the camo though.. maybe needed to go with a white, grey, or black helmet instead. 

I don't really have anything useful to say other than random thoughts and sensing an opportunity for Indiana to really start to make this relatively newfound B1G success start to stick.

O-line, playcalling concerns and all. I still see too much talent in all 3 phases for this team to not absolutely level someone sooner or later so my gut feels it is due to be better put together for a full game than the first 2 which I am not complaining about at all .Make no mistake.

Lines do crazy things and gel at crazy times when the ability is there.Just need to focus extra hard to make a better showing against a team known for refocusing fast after a tough loss under Hardbaugh.

Win or lose I plan to be going in person to stop to see the guns and mast of the Indiana .Would be icing to see what would be the sweetest victory flag to have ever flown on that flag pole since it went up ......For the second time this season.

Neither would ever get old to me but goes almost without saying that losing to these SOBs is just as worn out as it gets for IU fans.

Go Hoosiers!!! 

Archived