• Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Isn't the max this year 27 games if you are in an MTE?  If so:

20 B1G games

3 Maui/Asheville games

Florida St. - confirmed

Tennessee Tech - seems to be confirmed 

Butler - I'm assuming this goes off still.  

That's 26 games.  We would only have room for one more. 

Correct

I look at the schedule and think our team will be better this year and our record may be worse. Most years a team will pad 5 or more soft games to ensure they have a shot at 20 wins.  With a shortened season and only one warm up game before we see stiffer competition, we could be like Purdue and go ugly early. Then again maybe a couple tough games early lead to better conference results. The outcome of this year could impact how we schedule moving ahead. Go hoosiers!

3 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

I look at the schedule and think our team will be better this year and our record may be worse. Most years a team will pad 5 or more soft games to ensure they have a shot at 20 wins.  With a shortened season and only one warm up game before we see stiffer competition, we could be like Purdue and go ugly early. Then again maybe a couple tough games early lead to better conference results. The outcome of this year could impact how we schedule moving ahead. Go hoosiers!

Good post.  Lot's of meat in there. Gonna take me some time to digest it all. 

4 hours ago, MaroonRebel said:

No way!  This team will be better than last year's team.  It will start with Tennessee Tech, continue through Maui (Carolina), where we will do well, if not win, FSU, Butler, and then on to the BIG.  Think positive!

5 hours ago, IUguy said:

No way!  This team will be better than last year's team.  It will start with Tennessee Tech, continue through Maui (Carolina), where we will do well, if not win, FSU, Butler, and then on to the BIG.  Think positive!

I think we will be better. I just think the record may not reflect the growth.  We like to compare the current team with past teams and wins and losses is the usual measuring stick. Just think everyone should  realize the schedule is a lot harder this year. I am with you. We may start out running and not look back. I am very positive with this team. I think they could be very good. Go Hoosiers!

I'm looking forward to a potential Texas matchup.  Living in austin, I really follow them closely and Shaka is such a class act. If he can't get it done this year he is certainly gone.  They are loaded and deep and have a balanced roster led by upperclassmen. He can't coach much offense but once they inserted Cunningham into the rotation, he was quite the glue guy around all that talent shaka recruits.  This matchup will be a good barometer of how IU plays against a team loaded with athleticism that plays solid defense. 

13 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

I'm looking forward to a potential Texas matchup.  Living in austin, I really follow them closely and Shaka is such a class act. If he can't get it done this year he is certainly gone.  They are loaded and deep and have a balanced roster led by upperclassmen. He can't coach much offense but once they inserted Cunningham into the rotation, he was quite the glue guy around all that talent shaka recruits.  This matchup will be a good barometer of how IU plays against a team loaded with athleticism that plays solid defense. 

Shaka is...... well.... Smart.  By the way.... Austin is perhaps my favorite city in Texas. 

27 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Yes and I'm surrounded by UT alum here at my firm (Houston). I want to see us play UT and beat them....

It’s crazy that we’re 10 days out from the first game of the season and there’s been almost no hype. Not much coming out of the program, no word on who the starters will be.  The last eight months have been tough for college basketball with all the uncertainty... Will suck to see an empty Assembly Hall, but it’ll be nice to have the Hoosiers back.  

I think we’re gonna see a starting lineup of Lander, Phinisee, Durham, Thompson, and TJD on the 25th, barring the usual spate of early-season injuries.  A senior, redshirt junior, junior, and two five star underclassmen.  Some decent talent on the bench too, and pretty good positional balance across the roster.  That should be a good recipe for exceeding the modest expectations most fans (including me) have for this season.

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It’s crazy that we’re 10 days out from the first game of the season and there’s been almost no hype. Not much coming out of the program, no word on who the starters will be.  The last eight months have been tough for college basketball with all the uncertainty... Will suck to see an empty Assembly Hall, but it’ll be nice to have the Hoosiers back.  

I think we’re gonna see a starting lineup of Lander, Phinisee, Durham, Thompson, and TJD on the 25th, barring the usual spate of early-season injuries.  A senior, redshirt junior, junior, and two five star underclassmen.  Some decent talent on the bench too, and pretty good positional balance across the roster.  That should be a good recipe for exceeding the modest expectations most fans (including me) have for this season.

I wudn't be surprise to see the season not start on time because a lot of coaches think they should move the start time back.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wudn't be surprise to see the season not start on time because a lot of coaches think they should move the start time back.

It's possible.  And not to delve into the political muck, but a certain projected commander in chief's advisor is already talking about a 4-6 week national lockdown.  That wouldbe right in the heart of a projected B10 season.

Archived