Season Opener - Tennessee Tech

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The guide on DirecTV shows it at 8:00. Looks like there is B1G basketball on BTN all day starting at noon. 

Shows 7 on DISH guide, but that's also in CST. So 8 EST is probably correct. And that is a full day of B10 basketball! Woo hoo!

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I heard Duke’s opener got cancelled as well as Kentucky’s 

I think like 5 teams has opted out of the tournament in SD.  Also it seems like some of the games playing in Connecticut is being cancelled as well.  I think it will be a long and difficult season to get through for these programs.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Unless I'm reading wrong looks like there are a significant number of JuCos and transfers.

Anyone got the RPI or Sagarin numbers for them?  I know it's a crapshoot this early, but Pelphrey was considered a rising coach (at least I thought) and I have no feel for the talent level looking at the roster.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Unless I'm reading wrong looks like there are a significant number of JuCos and transfers.

Anyone got the RPI or Sagarin numbers for them?  I know it's a crapshoot this early, but Pelphrey was considered a rising coach (at least I thought) and I have no feel for the talent level looking at the roster.

I can probably find one tomorrow, or just their stats from last year

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Saw they had a 7'0 so I looked his bio up and he went to two high schools and two JC's.  Also he only averaged like 3 points a game at those JC's

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Funny to think football teams are keeping 80 guys covid free but basketball cant keep 15 from getting it. keep saying masks work while everyone wearing masks get covid.

Yeah, a lot of football teams have kept their noses clean.  I don't know what to think of all the conflicting stats and stories, but it's kind of hard for me to believe that our opponent's head coach (and no one else associated with the team) catches COVID two days before the game and it still gets played...?

Don't get me wrong...I'd be crushed if the game doesn't happen, but it's a huge concern to me that Pelphrey tested positive right in front of the game.

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Funny to think football teams are keeping 80 guys covid free but basketball cant keep 15 from getting it. keep saying masks work while everyone wearing masks get covid.

I wouldn't say that is accurate because we had over 20 games cancelled last week in football

Archived