Season Opener - Tennessee Tech

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Really want to see Hunter given the -- appropriate -- opportunity to shoot more from deep. Sounds like he will get a longer leash, hope that pans out, he can shoot. Though not quoted in your article, CAM also called him 'unique' as to his 3--point shooting. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excited to watch some IU basketball. Honestly this year has been so crazy that I’m just thankful we all get to watch the team play. Specifically I’m excited to see how improved Franklin is. Listened to DD and Greenberg Big Ten preview podcast and evidently Franklin is up 12-14lbs from last season. Hope he has improved his shot and the added strength should help finishing around the rim through contact. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

What I a most looking forward to is actually watching IU and college basketball today

Hunkered down in my man cave. BTN on my Roku. Starting out with Nebraska.... and have a plan to watch each and every BIG game today.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

I think I'm most excited to see Race and Armaan.

I don't know what it is, but seeing clips of him throughout the off-season, hearing Archie talk about him, seeing him win the gold jersey this week... Something is telling that Race could have a jump like Juwan did from his sophomore to junior year. Maybe not as much statistically, due to this team most likely being a lot better than the team Juwan was on.. But I am REALLY high on Race Thompson.

As for Armaan, it's sort of the same thing. From what I've read, hearing what CAM has said, it really sounds like Armaan could be primed for a big jump as well. I even predicted in another thread that I thought he would start. Maybe not immediately, but at some point during the season. We saw some flashes last year, and I really think he could be an All-B1G level of player soon.

This team is really exciting. Like others said, obviously Lander and Hunter are going to be others that I'm looking forward to seeing as well. Then, the other freshman also. Archie saying Geronimo was the most talented player he's recruited in a long time.. The talk about Galloway being a stud. Haven't heard a whole lot about Leal, but we know the kid can shoot it. I see no reason why, if things go well, this team couldn't be a top 5 team in the B1G and maybe even contend for a B1G title. So excited for tonight. Go Hoosiers!

i'm most excited to see Lander.  kinda surprised that's not a more popular pick.  he's our highest rated recruit easily and was one of the highest rated in his class until he reclassed.  honestly the thought he would come right in and start and make us better was one of the biggest reasons i thought we'd be any better than we were last year.  also, anyone else hearing Brunk has a sore back?

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm most excited to see Lander.  kinda surprised that's not a more popular pick.  he's our highest rated recruit easily and was one of the highest rated in his class until he reclassed.  honestly the thought he would come right in and start and make us better was one of the biggest reasons i thought we'd be any better than we were last year.  also, anyone else hearing Brunk has a sore back?

Archie did say that Brunk has a sore back yesterday

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

With the reclass and him being so young, I think we're all a little gun-shy in putting the expectations too high for him. But I agree, he probably has the most raw talent of anyone and is in a position that can transform a team. 

5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Obviously excited to see how the newcomers play, but more so how different and cohesive we should look because of the addition by subtraction side of it. 

Good points! Beyond players, I'm looking for an IU team that plays with purpose, plays with confidence and emotion, plays with pace and plays like they're on the same page and understand what they're trying to do as a unit. 

5 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Obviously excited to see how the newcomers play, but more so how different and cohesive we should look because of the addition by subtraction side of it. 

+1

I'm hoping the improved chemistry and work ethic shows...

As for Race, I don't see him being a big scorer. Rebound, play defense, and make the hustle plays. After all, he is, at least from what we know at this point, a 6'8" post-up player...

42 minutes ago, KDB said:

I think I'm most excited to see Race and Armaan.

I don't know what it is, but seeing clips of him throughout the off-season, hearing Archie talk about him, seeing him win the gold jersey this week... Something is telling that Race could have a jump like Juwan did from his sophomore to junior year. Maybe not as much statistically, due to this team most likely being a lot better than the team Juwan was on.. But I am REALLY high on Race Thompson.

As for Armaan, it's sort of the same thing. From what I've read, hearing what CAM has said, it really sounds like Armaan could be primed for a big jump as well. I even predicted in another thread that I thought he would start. Maybe not immediately, but at some point during the season. We saw some flashes last year, and I really think he could be an All-B1G level of player soon.

This team is really exciting. Like others said, obviously Lander and Hunter are going to be others that I'm looking forward to seeing as well. Then, the other freshman also. Archie saying Geronimo was the most talented player he's recruited in a long time.. The talk about Galloway being a stud. Haven't heard a whole lot about Leal, but we know the kid can shoot it. I see no reason why, if things go well, this team couldn't be a top 5 team in the B1G and maybe even contend for a B1G title. So excited for tonight. Go Hoosiers!

While he did say Geronimo is the most talented he recruited in a long time, he was talking about long term potential not what he is now. 

29 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I'm with you. Love all the returning guys and our new players as well....but I need to see Lander with my own eyes for a few games to see what type of 5 star he is. 

Archived