Season Opener - Tennessee Tech

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

+1

I'm hoping the improved chemistry and work ethic shows...

As for Race, I don't see him being a big scorer. Rebound, play defense, and make the hustle plays. After all, he is, at least from what we know at this point, a 6'8" post-up player...

i wouldn't call Race a post-up player.  i'm not quite as sold on him as most on here, but i feel like he didn't just hunker down and post back to the basket all the time.  am i wrong on that?  i remember him being on the perimeter quite a bit and shooting his share of 3s as well.  

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i wouldn't call Race a post-up player.  i'm not quite as sold on him as most on here, but i feel like he didn't just hunker down and post back to the basket all the time.  am i wrong on that?  i remember him being on the perimeter quite a bit and shooting his share of 3s as well.  

Race only shot 10 total 3s last year...

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Super psyched about the game tonight now that we know it’s actually going to happen! Most excited to get glimpses of the freshman and see how the returning players have grown in the last year. 

Let’s do this! 

Agreed, thank goodness for basketball. I need the normalcy.

Go Hoosiers!

3 hours ago, KDB said:

I think I'm most excited to see Race and Armaan.

I don't know what it is, but seeing clips of him throughout the off-season, hearing Archie talk about him, seeing him win the gold jersey this week... Something is telling that Race could have a jump like Juwan did from his sophomore to junior year. Maybe not as much statistically, due to this team most likely being a lot better than the team Juwan was on.. But I am REALLY high on Race Thompson.

As for Armaan, it's sort of the same thing. From what I've read, hearing what CAM has said, it really sounds like Armaan could be primed for a big jump as well. I even predicted in another thread that I thought he would start. Maybe not immediately, but at some point during the season. We saw some flashes last year, and I really think he could be an All-B1G level of player soon.

This team is really exciting. Like others said, obviously Lander and Hunter are going to be others that I'm looking forward to seeing as well. Then, the other freshman also. Archie saying Geronimo was the most talented player he's recruited in a long time.. The talk about Galloway being a stud. Haven't heard a whole lot about Leal, but we know the kid can shoot it. I see no reason why, if things go well, this team couldn't be a top 5 team in the B1G and maybe even contend for a B1G title. So excited for tonight. Go Hoosiers!

Nice post

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

It's the three ball handlers CAM / the team have been talking about, with TJD and Race up front -- still unclear if it would've been the same if Brunk was healthy, but I like the forward group. I would rather see Hunter out there on the wing, but he doesn't fit the three ball handlers look / style they want

Archived