Hard and Difficult News, CC, Eric, Our Friend

All -- It is with a truly heavy heart that we let all of you know, that CC, Eric, our founder and friend, has passed away.

We are collectively stunned. We learned today that he passed away yesterday. He will truly be missed by all of us, a genuinely great guy, always calm, always friendly, always outgoing, the guy who brought us together. At first, it was just to moderate a basketball board, but really, over time, it's been to help build this place for people to shoot the breeze on all things IU, and just to shoot the breeze.

CC, you are missed. We miss you man. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

All -- It is with a truly heavy heart that we let all of you know, that CC, Eric, our founder and friend, has passed away.

We are collectively stunned. We learned today that he passed away yesterday. He will truly be missed by all of us, a genuinely great guy, always calm, always friendly, always outgoing, the guy who brought us together. At first, it was just to moderate a basketball board, but really, over time, it's been to help build this place for people to shoot the breeze on all things IU, and just to shoot the breeze.

CC, you are missed. We miss you man. 

Son of a b.....

Man. To all of you formed and developed this board this has to hit heavy. In a strange way this board is such a great outlet and you feel like you get to know folks that you'll never meet. Thoughts and prayers to all...especially to those who have known CC for decades. Feel like he was just commenting on here yesterday morning. Tell your friends/family you love them. Just don't know when that day is going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Son of a b.....

Man. To all of you formed and developed this board this has to hit heavy. In a strange way this board is such a great outlet and you feel like you get to know folks that you'll never meet. Thoughts and prayers to all...especially to those who have known CC for decades. Feel like he was just commenting on here yesterday morning. Tell your friends/family you love them. Just don't know when that day is going to happen. 

Amen

I’m unbelievably stunned.  Great guy. I feel like I just commented with him literally yesterday.  I’m very saddened to hear this.  I am in a state of shock.  All I can say is he will always be part of us.  Thoughts and prayers to his family.  

PS I take it that it was “natural causes” and not an accident of some sort?  I don’t believe he was that old.  

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m unbelievably stunned.  Great guy. I feel like I just commented with him literally yesterday.  I’m very saddened to hear this.  I am in a state of shock.  All I can say is he will always be part of us.  Thoughts and prayers to his family.  

PS I take it that it was “natural causes” and not an accident of some sort?  I don’t believe he was that old.  

He was 60ish. We honestly do not have all the details. Very sudden.

I spoke him Saturday, all was great and normal.  Sorry, I am numb.

Very saddened to hear this.  Condolences to his family.  Just went thru this with my Brother-in-Law 1yr ago.  Widow maker at age 60.  Never forget to tell your loved ones that you love them.  None of us know our expiration date.  RIP.  This site is a tremendous gift he help create for all of us.

Further to Blue’s post, a friend of the family has asked that we let everyone know that Eric - Colonial Crester was out at dinner last night with his wife, and the friend of the family, and had the heart attack. He was taken to the hospital but passed away that evening.
His friend added, thoughtfully, how much this site and community have meant to Eric. We think he would like all of you to know that and that he appreciated and enjoyed all of you. 

Archived