Hard and Difficult News, CC, Eric, Our Friend

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Man, I think I'm going to be sick.  He sent me an unbelievably kind PM on Saturday.  Not necessary, and not expected, but very much appreciated.  24 hours later he was gone?!?!  I'm gonna log off now and go hug my kids.  This one is getting to me.

I think we all have had a moment similar to this from him. I hope I say this right...his personality lives on this board. There is a kindness and level of respect and sincerity that is rare on the internet. The job he and others have done to make this a welcoming and fun place to trade ideas and talk IU sports can’t be minimized. This is the best place to talk sports and have a good laugh I’ve come across. The way people treat one another was the reason I chose to join this board after lurking for so long. It’s spirit is unlike any other. I pray for his family and all those that are personally friends with him. We all are going to miss him dearly. I propose that we try to honor him by remembering how he treated all of us and we treat our fellow posters the same way....even those we disagree with. May Gods hand be on his family in this most painful time. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think we all have had a moment similar to this from him. I hope I say this right...his personality lives on this board. There is a kindness and level of respect and sincerity that is rare on the internet. The job he and others have done to make this a welcoming and fun place to trade ideas and talk IU sports can’t be minimized. This is the best place to talk sports and have a good laugh I’ve come across. The way people treat one another was the reason I chose to join this board after lurking for so long. It’s spirit is unlike any other. I pray for his family and all those that are personally friends with him. We all are going to miss him dearly. I propose that we try to honor him by remembering how he treated all of us and we treat our fellow posters the same way....even those we disagree with. May Gods hand be on his family in this most painful time. 

Very, very well said, dgambill.  And very, very true.  Thanks for those words.   

JUst looked and he was on this board yesterday and hard to believe is now gone.  Just makes you realize to live every day like it is your last because we don't know when it is our time. Also should make us all realize that sports is a great entertainment for people and it lets us forget our every day problems but it is not a big deal.  Like the last few days we were all upset about losing a recruit and what  it meant for Archie and the program.  Hearing this makes me upset with myself for letting myself to get caught up in frevelous arguments that really is not very meaningful in the big scope of life.

I especially would like to apologize to dgambill for some of my comments to you the last few days that maybe was a little to heated.

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

CC was the lifeblood if this board. There were times back in the day that I was considering leaving this forum. He reached out to me and was a friend, support and sounding board. He always had, or made time...

I propose that the Animal House’s name be changed... Crester’s Corner maybe 

I second the motion

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

CC was the lifeblood if this board. There were times back in the day that I was considering leaving this forum. He reached out to me and was a friend, support and sounding board. He always had, or made time...

That is a nice thought Steub

23 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Love the idea!!

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

JUst looked and he was on this board yesterday and hard to believe is now gone.  Just makes you realize to live every day like it is your last because we don't know when it is our time. Also should make us all realize that sports is a great entertainment for people and it lets us forget our every day problems but it is not a big deal.  Like the last few days we were all upset about losing a recruit and what  it meant for Archie and the program.  Hearing this makes me upset with myself for letting myself to get caught up in frevelous arguments that really is not very meaningful in the big scope of life.

I especially would like to apologize to dgambill for some of my comments to you the last few days that maybe was a little to heated.

Accepted but no need to apologize. I never took it any way but two IU fans on different sides of the coin. Both equally valuable to the discussion. You disagree with my accessment but never attacked me personally. We all get frustrated why people don’t see things the way we do but what makes this board great and you great is that we are all in support of a similar goal..we may disagree but we are all want the same outcome. Yet we do it respectfully while valuing the person behind the view. That’s what CC demonstrated and we have followed. May this treatment hopefully spread throughout the rest of the country where we also have the same goal for a prosperous and more perfect Union but disagree on how to achieve it. I’ll try to Continue to carry that over in my personal life with people I may disagree with and try to make the world outside more like this board.

I am just stunned and heart broken. Its hard to put into words the bonds and friendships that have been created by CC and the rest of our members. Truly a very sad day. I talked with him recently that next year if possible we would like  to head West and meet him and introduce him to my family. And go see @milehiiu while out there  I am just in shock. He will be well remembered by so many. Prayers and condolences to his family and friends, you will be missed My Friend!!

10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Very sad. Didn't know him as well as some of you guys, but him being from Columbus, IN (like me) and living in Phoenix (like I did) gave me a unique connection to him. Great guy that will be missed.

Great idea. I'd suggest Colonial Crester's Corner for full impact though.

Just saw this and I am in shock. CC, Eric, was more than just a poster here. He is one of the members I met in person. I watched a basketball game with him and his wife earlier this year. Was looking forward to doing it again in a few months.  

RIP Eric. Prayers to your family and HSN members who feel your loss. 

Archived